Eastern Illinois Game Notes
· With the loss,
· The Panthers lost for the fourth time in extra innings this season, falling to 1-4 overall in extra-inning contests.
· Brett Nommensen finished 2-for-5 at the plate with a home run and two RBIs to extend his career-long hitting streak to 12 games. His multi-hit game was his second of the weekend and his third straight overall. Nommensen, who finished with five hits in two games at the NCAA Lincoln Regional, finished his junior season with a team-high 24 multi-hit games.
· Nommensen also finished the season with 82 hits, the second-highest single-season total in
· Nommensen hit his fifth home run of the season on Saturday and his first since May 10.
· Jordan Tokarz finished 2-for-4 in the game, increasing his season at-bat total to 231, tying Chris Uhle’s school record, set in 2003.
· Alex Gee homered for the second straight game on Saturday, finishing the year with four home runs. The last Panther to homer in consecutive games was Erik Hyber, who went deep in three straight games in 2007.
· EIU was averaging just 0.55 home runs per game entering the NCAA Lincoln Regional, but the Panthers hit five home runs in two games at the regional.
· The Panthers’ four-run fifth inning marked the 26th time this season Eastern Illinois scored four or more runs in an inning and the 10th time in the month of May.