San Diego, Calif. - The No. 12 Nebraska women's tennis team dropped its second match in San Diego, losing a 5-2 decision to No. 35 Oklahoma State at the Del Mar Country Club on Thursday.
The Huskers slipped to 15-3 overall, while Oklahoma State improved to 9-3.
OSU claimed the doubles point with victories on courts one and three. Malika Rose and Kanyapat Narattana defeated No. 7 Patricia Veresova and Mary Weatherholt, 8-5, at No. 1 doubles. C.C. Sardinha and Maria Alvarez secured the point for OSU by defeating NU's Izabella Zgierska and Maggy Lehmicke, 9-7.
Rose provided OSU with a huge lift by defeating No. 10 Weatherholt at No. 1 singles, while Narattana added a straight-set win over Janine Weinreich at No. 5.
Veresova and Stefanie Weinstein provided the Huskers with straight-set wins at No. 2 and No. 3 singles, but OSU's rose knocked off No. 10 Weatherholt at No. 1 to hurt the Huskers' chances of a dual win. Lehmicke and Janine Weinreich suffered straight-set losses at No. 4 and No. 5 singles, before Zgierska fell in a three-match thriller at No. 6.
No. 35 Oklahoma State - 5
No. 12 Nebraska - 2
San Diego, Calif. | Del Mar Country Club
1. No. 83 Malika Rose (OSU) def. No. 10 Mary Weatherholt (NEB) 6-4, 4-6, 7-5
2. Patricia Veresova (NEB) def. C.C. Sardinha (OSU) 6-4, 6-2
3. Stefanie Weinstein (NEB) def. Meghan Blevins (OSU) 7-5, 7-5
4. Maria Alvarez (OSU) def. Maggy Lehmicke (NEB) 6-4, 6-4
5. Kanyapat Narattana (OSU) def. Janine Weinreich (NEB) 6-2, 6-2
6. Karyn Guttormsen (OSU) def. Izabella Zgierska (NEB) 2-6, 6-1, 6-4
Order of finish (5, 2, 3, 4, 6, 1)
1. Malika Rose/Kanyapat Narattana (OSU) def. No. 7 Mary Weatherholt/Patricia Veresova (NEB) 8-5
2. Janine Weinreich/Stefanie Weinstein (NEB) def. Meghan Blevins/Karyn Guttormsen (OSU) 9-8(4)
3. C.C. Sardinha/Maria Alvarez (OSU) def. Izabella Zgierska/Maggy Lehmicke (NEB) 9-7
Order of finish (1, 3, 2)