Olympic Gold Medalist and World champion Jordan Burroughs headlines the 2013 Nebraska Wrestling Fall Coaches Clinic on Nov. 8 at the Bob Devaney Sports Center.
For a cost of $120, each coach gets an NSAA Wrestling Rules Clinic, technique sessions, a gift, as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner. The event starts with registration and breakfast at 9:15 a.m. in the north concourse of the Devaney Center.
At 10:30 a.m., Head Coach Mark Manning will welcome all the coaches. The rest of the morning will consist of a wrestling rules clinic presented by Ron Higdon from the Nebraska High School Athletic Association.
In the afternoon, former Husker wrestler and two-time NCAA champion Jordan Burroughs will present a session on wrestling technique. Burroughs will also conduct a Q&A session at 2:30 p.m.
Following a break at 3 p.m., Volunteer Assistant Matt Meuleners and two-time All-American Jason Chamberlain will present a wrestling technique session at 3:30 p.m. Dinner is at 5 p.m. before the Wrestle-Offs, which commence at 6 p.m. at the Devaney Center.
For more information on the Fall Coaches Clinic, contact Ellen Shutts at 402-472-9430 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. All checks for the Fall Coaches Clinic should be made payable to Nebraska Wrestling Camps, Inc.
- 9:15-10:15 a.m. Registration/Breakfast (North Concourse of Devaney Center)
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. Welcome and introduction from Mark Manning
- 10:45-Noon Wrestling Rules Clinic by Ron Higdon of the NHSAA
- Noon-12:45 p.m. Lunch (Concourse Level)
- 1:00-2:30 p.m. Jordan Burroughs (Olympic Gold Medalist/World champion/two-time NCAA champion) Wrestling Technique
- 2:30-3:00 p.m. Jordan Burroughs Q&A Session
- 3:00-3:30 p.m. Session Break
- 3:30-5 p.m. Matt Meuleners/Jason Chamberlain Wrestling Techniques
- 5-5:45 p.m. Dinner for Paid Coaches (Concourse)
- 6:00-7:30 p.m. Nebraska Wrestle-Offs