Fifteen Nebraska wrestlers garnered spots on the Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll for their work in the classroom during the spring 2014 semester.
125-pounders Eric Coufal and Mitchell Maginnis each earned 4.0 grade-point averages for the semester to lead the way for the Huskers. NCAA qualifiers Robert Kokesh, Tim Lambert and Austin Wilson were also among the honorees for Head Coach Mark Manning's squad.
Gage Anderson, Nyle Bartling, Spencer Johnson, Adam Joseph, Dakota Magrew, Alex Metzler, Shawn Nagel, Ian Ousley, Aaron Studebaker and John Svoboda also collected honor roll accolades.
In all, 321 Husker student-athletes were named to the list, with 41 earning perfect 4.0 GPAs.
Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll Members (Spring 2014)
- Gage Anderson (Seattle, Wash.)
- Nyle Bartling (Syracuse, Neb.)
- Eric Coufal* (Howells, Neb.)
- Spencer Johnson (Mountain Lake, Minn.)
- Adam Joseph (Hastings, Neb.)
- Robert Kokesh (Wagner, S.D.)
- Tim Lambert (Forest Hills, Mich.)
- Mitchell Maginnis* (Grand Island, Neb.)
- Dakota Magrew (Wentzville, Mo.)
- Alex Metzler (Tekamah, Neb.)
- Shawn Nagel (Kimball, Neb.)
- Ian Ousley (Saginaw, Mich.)
- Aaron Studebaker (Raymond, Neb.)
- John Svoboda (Schuyler, Neb.)
- Austin Wilson (Hastings, Neb.)
*-denotes perfect 4.0 grade-point average during spring 2014 semester