Denver - The Nebraska men's tennis team was matched against New Mexico and Air Force in the final day of the DU Invitational Sunday, capturing 9 matches in all.
In doubles play the Huskers faced Air Force, winning 3 of 4 courts. Nebraska's pair of Andre Stenger and Bradford Zitsch defeated AFA's duo of Lance Wilhelm and Grant Taylor 8-6, while NU's Marc Herrmann and Sebastian Florczyk captured a win vs. Air Forces Steven Young and Andy Jackson 8-4. NU's Dusty Boyer and Tom Blackwell knocked off AFA's Ali Rizvi and Andrew Parks 8-4. Nebraskas Scott Elsass and Brandon Videtich fell in a hard fought battle to Air Forces Alex Grubbs and Jack McCullers 8-6.
The Huskers faced off against New Mexico in Singles. NU's Andre Stegner produced a win against New Mexicos Conor Berg, beating him 6-4, 6-4. Nebraskas Marc Herrmann beat UNM's Jadon Phillips 6-2, 6-3, while Dusty Boyer also captured a victory defeating vs. New Mexicos Samir Iftikhar 7-6, 6-3. Tom Blackwell knocked off UNM's Mads Hegelund 6-4, 6-4. NU's Sebastian Florczyk added a victory of his own beating New Mexicos James Hignett 7-5, 7-6, while Bradford Zitsch defeated UNM's Evan Saunders 6-4, 6-4. Brandon Videtich fell to to New Mexicos Mitch McDaniels 6-2, 6-3, and Eric Sock lost to UNM's Riaan Du Toit 6-1, 6-2.
Day 3 Results - Sunday, Sept. 23
Nebraska vs. Air Force (Doubles)
- Stegner/Zitsch (NU) def. Wilhelm/Taylor (AFA) 8-6
- Grubbs/McCullers (AFA) def. Elsass/Videtich (NU) 8-6
- Herrmann/Florczyk (NU) def. Young/Jackson (AFA) 8-4
- Boyer/Blackwell (NU) def. Rizvi/Parks (AFA) 8-4
Nebraska vs. New Mexico (Singles)
- Andre Stegner (NU) def. Conor Berg (UNM) 6-4, 6-4
- Marc Herrman (NU) def. Jadon Phillips (UNM) 6-2, 6-3
- Dusty Boyer (NU) def. Samir Iftikhar (UNM) 7-6, 6-3
- Riaan Du Toit (UNM) def. Eric Sock (NU) 6-1, 6-2
- Tom Blackwell (NU) def. Mads Hegelund (UNM) 6-4, 6-4
- Sebastian Florczyk (NU) def. James Hignett (UNM) 7-5, 7-6
- Mitch McDaniels (UNM) def. Brandon Videtich (NU) 6-2, 6-3
- Bradford Zitsch (NU) def. Evan Saunders 6-4, 6-4