Palm Desert, Calif. - Freshman Kolton Lapa fired a
3-under-par 69 in Sunday's final round at the Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate to
lead the Nebraska men's golf team to an eighth-place finish.
shot 294 in the final round for a 54-hole total of 895. NU posted 296 in the
first round and 305 in the second round at The Classic Club, a par-72,
7,305-yard layout. TCU took home the team title with a three-round total of
845. The Horned Frogs' Julien Brun captured individual honors with a 206.
produced a bogey-free round on Sunday, which included birdies on Nos. 1, 10 and
13. He tied for fifth at 215 strokes over three rounds following 73s in each of
the first two rounds. Lapa has three consecutive top-10 finishes in stroke play
events, dating back to the Herb Wimberly Intercollegiate in October.
Kevin Gillick tied for 44th at 226. Gillick carded a 2-over-par 74
in the final round, which he also shot in the opening round. He notched a 78 in
the second round. On Sunday, Gillick made two birdies and four bogeys.
Reinertson shot a 6-over-par 78 in Sunday's final round for a 54-hole total of
228. Reinertson birdied Nos. 2 and 15 to go along with six bogeys and one
double bogey on Sunday. The senior from Gibbon, Neb., tied for 52nd
after posting 74 and 76 in the first and second rounds, respectively.
turned in a 4-over-par 76 on Sunday and tied for 55th. The junior
birdied the closing holes of each nine but suffered four bogeys and one double
bogey in the final round. Record shot 75 and 78 in the first two rounds for a
54-hole total of 229.
Palmer tied for 88th at 240 strokes. The sophomore produced his best
round of the tournament over the final 18 holes with a 3-over-par 75. He added
an 85 on Friday and an 80 on Saturday.
Dickson competed as an individual outside of the Husker lineup and tied for 63rd.
The sophomore from London, England posted a 4-over-par 76 in the final round. He
also shot 76 in the second round to go along with a first-round 80 en route to
a 232 total.
return to action March 11-12 at the Cleveland Golf Palmetto Intercollegiate in
Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate
Feb. 22-24, 2013
The Classic Club, Palm Desert, Calif.
Par 72 - 7,305 yards
1. TCU - 845 (277-288-280)
2. St. Mary's - 870 (284-294-292)
T-3. San Francisco - 874 (284-295-295)
T-3. Texas Tech - 874 (284-292-298)
5. Oregon State - 875 (291-291-293)
6. Iowa State - 888 (300-300-288)
7. Cal Poly - 893 (296-301-296)
8. Nebraska - 895 (296-301-294)
9. Southern Utah - 903 (309-297-297)
10. Arkansas-Little Rock - 908 (302-306-300)
11. Idaho - 909 (295-308-306)
12. Kansas - 910 (299-304-307)
13. Santa Clara - 913 (301-309-303)
14. Wyoming - 921 (308-299-314)
15. Louisiana-Monroe - 935 (304-316-315)
16. George Mason - 941 (309-306-326)
17. Wichita State - WD (299-296-WD)
Individual Top 5 Results
1. Julien Brun, TCU - 206 (68-71-67)
2. Eli Cole, TCU - 211 (69-73-69)
3. Finley Ewing IV, Texas Tech - 213 (70-69-74)
4. Jonathan De Los Reye, St. Mary's - 214 (69-70-75)
T-5. Nick Sherwood, Oregon State - 215 (73-70-72)
T-5. Daniel Jennevret, TCU - 215 (70-75-70)
T-5. Kolton Lapa, Nebraska - 215
T-5. Kolton Lapa - 215 (73-73-69)
T-44. Kevin Gillick - 226 (74-78-74)
T-52. Jordan Reinertson - 228 (74-76-78)
T-55. Matt Record - 229 (75-78-76)
T-63. Ross Dickson - 232 (80-76-76)*
T-88. Cameron Palmer - 240 (85-80-75)
*-Competed as an individual outside
of the Husker lineup