Seven Husker men’s golfers garnered Academic All-Big Ten accolades when the conference announced its list of honorees on Wednesday for spring sports in 2014.
Manuel Lavin and Josh Reinertson each earned their third award at Nebraska, having been named to the Big Ten’s list in each year that NU has been a member of the conference. Reinertson is a business administration major, while Lavin is majoring in finance.
Ross Dickson and Ryan Grassel were each named to the team for the second time, respectively. Dickson’s major is advertising and public relations, and Grassel is majoring in economics/global studies/political science.
Three Huskers made their first appearance on the list. Mike Siwa was one of them, and graduated with a degree in accounting earlier this month. Aaron and Nathan Wong also each made the list. Aaron is majoring in advertising and public relations/broadcasting/journalism, while his brother Nathan is a broadcasting major.
The Nebraska men’s golf team brings its total of Academic All-Big Ten honorees to 20 in three years as members of the conference. In April, the team claimed its fourth consecutive Herman Award for highest team grade-point average.
Academic All-Big Ten List (Spring 2014)
- Ross Dickson (Jr.) Advertising & Public Relations
- Ryan Grassel (Sr.) Economics/Global Studies/Political Science
- Manuel Lavin (Sr.) Finance
- Josh Reinertson (Sr.) Business Administration
- Mike Siwa (Sr.) Accounting
- Aaron Wong (Jr.) Advertising & Public Relations/Broadcasting/Journalism
- Nathan Wong (Jr.) Broadcasting
*-Years listed are academic, not athletic