Nebraska Falls to No. 63 Purdue
West Lafayette, Ind. - The No. 58 Nebraska mens tennis team (10-9) lost to No. 63 Purdue (15-7) at Purdue Friday, April 5. Purdue completed a 7-0 sweep of the Huskers. This puts NU's conference record at 2-4. The match took place at the Schwartz Tennis Center in West Lafayette, Indiana.
The Huskers did not receive the doubles point, with loses at No. 2 and 3 doubles. The only doubles victory and first finish was at the No.1 spot. NU's Pair of Andre Stenger and Eric Sock beat Purdue's pair of Szymon Tatarczyk and Krisztian Krocsko 8-5.
Andre Stenger fell to Szymon Tatarczyk in a close match at No. 1 singles, finishing 7-5, 7-6. Another narrow loss, Tom Blackwells at No. 4 singles. He was defeated by Aaron Dujovne 6-4, 7-5, right after Sebastian Florczyk fell in a hard fought battle to Krisztian Krocsko 7-5, 6-4.
"Disappointing match today," said Coach Kerry McDermott. "Double splayed very well at No. 1, but we couldn't win some close matches at No. 2 and No. 3. I hope we can bounce back on Sunday, and turn things around. It is going to a tough match against Indiana."
The Huskers will face the Indiana Hoosiers on Sunday, April 7, at noon. Results will be posted to Huskers.com following play.
No. 63 Purdue 7 def No. 58 Nebraska 0
Schwartz Tennis Center
West Lafayette, Ind.
1. (NU) Stenger/ Sock def. (Purdue) Tatarczyk/ Krocsko 8-5
2. (Purdue) Dujovne/ Poziomski def. (NU) Zitsch/ Boyer 8-6
3. (Purdue) Hawkins/ Kovacs def. (NU) Videtich/ Elsass 8-6
Order of Finish 1, 3, 2
1. (Purdue) Szymon Tatarczyk def. (NU) Andre Stenger 7-5, 7-6
2. (Purdue) Mark Kovacs def. (NU) Dusty Boyer 6-4, 6-4
3. (Purdue) Pawel Poziomski def. (NU) Marc Herrmann 6-3, 6-2
4. (Purdue) Aaron Dujovne def. (NU) Tom Blackwell 6-4, 7-5
5. (Purdue) Krisztian Krocsko def. (NU) Sebastian Florczyk 7-5, 6-4
6. (Purdue) Mateus Silva def. (NU) Bradford Zitsch 6-2, 6-2
Order of Finish 3, 2, 6, 5, 4, 1