Former Husker All-Americans Kelsey Griffin (Connecticut) and Jordan Hooper (Tulsa) opened the second half of the WNBA season following last weekend's All-Star game.
Griffin started the second half of the WNBA season by injuring her left ankle prior to Connecticut's loss to Washington on Wednesday. Griffin did not play in the 89-75 setback to the Mystics and the Sun slipped to 10-15 on the season.
Hooper and Tulsa returned to action on Tuesday and suffered a 95-93 loss to San Antonio. Hooper finished with six points on a pair of three-pointers off the bench while adding a rebound and a block in 17 minutes of action. The Shock slipped to 8-16.
Hooper and the Shock open Week 11 of WNBA play tonight at Washington. Tip time is 6 p.m. central with live coverage provided by NBA TV. Tulsa returns home to face Chicago on Sunday at 3:30 p.m., before playing host to Seattle on Tuesday at 7 p.m. The Shock close out July and a four-game week by taking on Atlanta at the BOK Center on Thursday, July 31 at 7 p.m.
Griffin and the Sun open their week on Sunday at home against Minnesota at 2 p.m., before hitting the road to take on Atlanta on Tuesday, July 29 at 11 a.m.Huskers in the WNBA (Week 10 - July 18-24)
- Kelsey Griffin (5th season, Connecticut Sun) - 4.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.9 apg, 1.3 spg (23 games/9 starts)
- Jordan Hooper (1st season, Tulsa Shock) - 6.3 ppg, 2.4 rpg (24 games/1 start)
Week 11 Schedule (July 25-31)
- Tulsa at Washington, Friday, July 25, 6 p.m. (NBA TV)
- Minnesota at Connecticut, Sunday, July 27, 2 p.m.
- Chicago at Tulsa, Sunday, July 27, 3:30 p.m.
- Connecticut at Atlanta, Tuesday, July 29, 11 a.m.
- Seattle at Tulsa, Tuesday, July 29, 7 p.m.
- Atlanta at Tulsa, Thursday, July 31, 7 p.m.