Nebraska women's golfer Steffi Neisen captured her third straight academic All-Big Ten award, when the conference office announced its spring at-large selections on Wednesday, May 28.
Neisen, a senior from New Prague, Minn., is the first women's golfer in Husker history to be a three-time academic All-Big Ten selection. The social science education major was also a three-time Big Ten Sportsmanship Award winner.
Neisen was joined on the academic All-Big Ten team by sophomores Cassie Deeg, Cassidy Stelzmiller and Morgan Smejkal, along with redshirt freshman Yoorim Kang. Deeg, Stelzmiller and Smejkal were all regular contributors to the Husker lineup throughout the season.
Nebraska's Academic All-Big Ten Selections
- Cassie Deeg, So., Hugo, Minn. (Finance)
- Yoorim Kang, RFr., Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Management)
- Steffi Neisen, Sr., New Prague, Minn. (Social Science Education)
- Morgan Smejkal, So., Columbus, Neb. (Marketing & Management)
- Cassidy Stelzmiller, So., Placerville, Calif. (Accounting)