The Nebraska softball team opens its 2014 season on Friday, Feb. 7, and Huskers.com will spend the week leading up to NU's first tournament previewing what Nebraska hopes will be another successful season.
First pitch of the new season is set for 10:30 a.m. (Central) on Friday, Feb. 7, against the UTEP Miners at the NMSU Softball Complex in Las Cruces, N.M. Features will be added every day leading up to the season opener.
The 2014 Huskers feature two returning All-Americans, seven returning starters, four returning all-conference performers and a talented five-player freshman class. Nebraska finished 45-16 in 2013, when the Huskers finished with a No. 8 ranking after advancing to the program's seventh Women's College World Series.
Huskers.com Softball Season Preview Schedule
- Friday, Jan. 31: Season Primer: Schedule l Roster l Media Guide l Get to Know the Huskers
- Saturday, Feb. 1: Season Outlook
- Sunday, Feb. 2: Position-by-Position Breakdown
- Monday, Feb. 3: Press Conference Video: Coach Revelle l Tatum Edwards l Taylor Edwards
- Tuesday, Feb. 5: Game Notes Released
- Wednesday, Feb. 5: Nate Rohr Guest Feature
- Thursday, Feb. 6: Fan Guide to Following the Huskers This Season
- Friday, Feb. 7: Game Day