Honors and Awards
- 1988 Academic All-American
- 1988 First-Team All-Big Eight
- 1988 Big Eight All-Tournament Team
- 1988 First-Team Academic All-Big Eight
- 1987 NCAA Second-Team All-American
- 1987 NCAA Midwest All-Region First-Team
- 1987 First-Team Academic All-Big Eight
- 1987 Big Eight All-Tournament Team MVP
- 1987 First-Team All-Big Eight
- 1987 Big Eight Pitcher-of-the-Week (three times)
- 1986 NCAA All-American
- 1986 All-Midwest Region
- 1986 All-Big Eight
- 1986 Big Eight All-Tournament Team MVP
- 1985 First-Team All-Big Eight
- 1985 Big Eight Tournament MVP
- 1985 First-Team NCAA All-Midwest Team
- 1985 NCAA CWS All-Tournament Team
1988: Senior Season
In her final season as a Husker, Lori Sippel earned first-team All-Big Eight and Big Eight All-Tournament team honors. Sippel hit .336 with 38 hits in 146 at-bats. She started 32 games as pitcher and threw 29 complete games. Sippel gave up 119 hits, 45 runs and 29 earned runs. She finished the year with a 0.83 ERA while winning 22 games and losing 11. A standout in the classroom, Sippel earned Academic All-American and first-team Academic All-Big Eight honors in her senior season.
1987: Junior Season
Sippel posted a .261 batting average last spring, with 12 hits, including two doubles and a home run. As a junior, Sippel threw 212 innings giving up 14 hits, 5 runs, and only one earned run. Sippel notched 27 complete games, while striking out 215 with a 0.36 ERA. She earned Big Eight Conference Tournament MVP and NCAA second-team All-American honors. Her 3.69 GPA earned her first-team Academic All-Big Eight honors in 1987 and her second-straight berth on the Big Eight Academic Honor Roll.
1986: Sophomore Season
In 1986, Sippel earned All-American honors after leading the nation with 9.5 strikeouts per game as well as the No. 7 best ERA at 0.37. Sippel compiled a 20-4 record over 171.2 innings of pitching. She started 21 games while throwing 18 complete games. Sippel racked up 238 strikeouts, gave up only nine earned runs and 67 hits. Sippel also earned All-Big Eight and Big Tournament MVP honors in 1986.
1985: Freshman Season
In her first season at Nebraska, she posted a 24-5 recorded with a 0.38 ERA, No. 11 in the country. She finished her season with 293 strikeouts, No. 3 in the nation, second on the Nebraska all-time list. At the 1985 NCAA College World Series she hurled a no-hitter against Louisiana Tech in her first appearance and followed with a one-hitter against Cal State Fullerton. She earned first-team All-Big Eight, Big Eight Tournament MVP and CWS All-Tournament Team honors in first season.
Parents: Robert and Verlie Sippel; Major: special education; High School: Central; Born: May 16, 1965.