Huskers Improve to 5-0
Lincoln -- The Nebraska men's team completed their fourth sweep of the season with a 4-0 win against in-state competitor Omaha. With the win, the Huskers improve to 5-0 on the season.
In doubles play, in the No. 1 position Toby Boyer and senior Linus Erhart defeated Abdoul Ouattara and Nathan Reekie 6-1. Freshmen duo Isaac Nortey and William Grattan-Smith sealed the doubles point for the Huskers with a 6-4 win over Matt Dunn and Luke Moorhead. Micah Klousia and Dylan Bednarczyk went unfinished with the Huskers leading 5-4 against Razvan Grigorescu and Alex Woodward.
In the No. 6 singles position Grattan-Smith made quick work of Marko Minic defeating him 6-2, 6-0. Erhart defeated Ouattara in a close match 6-3, 6-4. Junior Chris Dean sealed it for the Huskers with a 6-2, 6-0 victory. The rest of the matches went unfinished after the Huskers took the 4-0 lead.
The Nebraska men's tennis team is set for another match February 10, 2018 against UMKC at 7 p.m. Admission to all home games is free.
- Boyer/ Erhart (NEB) def. Ouattara/ Reekie (UNO) 6-1
- Klousia/ Bednarczyk (NEB) vs. Grigorescu/ Woodward (UNO) Unfinished
- Nortey/ Grattan-Smith (NEB) def. Dunn/ Moorhead (UNO) 6-4
Order of Finish: 1,3
- Toby Boyer (NEB) vs. Razvan Grigorescu (UNO) Unfinished
- Linus Erhart (NEB) def. Abdoul Ouattara (UNO) 6-3, 6-4
- Micah Klousia (NEB) vs. Nathan Reekie (UNO) Unfinished
- Isaac Nortey (NEB) vs. Matt Dunn (UNO) Unfinished
- Chris Dean (NEB) def. Alex Woodward (UNO) 6-2, 6-0
- William Grattan-Smith (NEB) def. Marko Minic (UNO) 6-2, 6-0
Order of Finish: 6,2,5