Huskers Fall to Golden Gophers, 6-1
Minneapolis -- The Nebraska men's tennis team continued Big Ten play with an away match in Minnesota where the Huskers fell to the Golden Gophers 6-1. The Big Red fall to an overall record of 9-6 and 0-3 in the Big Ten.
In doubles play, in the No. 1 position, Linus Erhart and Toby Boyer defeated Matic Spec and Felix Corwin, 6-2. In the No. 2 position, Micah Klousia and William Grattan-Smith fell to Josip Krstanovic and Justyn Levin, 6-4. Finally, in the No. 3 spot, Chris Dean and Isaac Nortey fell to Stefan Milicevic and Marino Alpeza 7-5 to seal the doubles point for Minnesota.
In singles play, Erhart suffered his first loss of the season to Matic Spec 6-3, 6-0. In the No. 3 position, Nortey fell to Miliecvic 6-1, 6-4. Dean fell in the No. 6 spot to Josip Krstanovic 6-0, 6-4. Grattan-Smith was the lone victor in singles for the Huskers defeated Vlad Lobak 6-4, 1-6, 10-7. In the No. 4 position, Klousia fell to Jackson Allen in three close sets 7-6, 1-6, 3-10. Boyer was defeated for the second time this season in three sets to Felix Corwin 7-6, 6-4, 6-10.
The Huskers will return home as they continue Big Ten play with a match against Northwester on Friday, March 30 at 5 p.m. and against No. 7 Illinois on April 1 at Noon at the Dillon Tennis Center.
1. Boyer/Erhart (NEB) def. Matic Spec / Felix Corwin (MINN) 6-2
2. Krstanovic /Levin (MINN) def. Klousia/ Grattan-Smith (NEB) 6-4
3. Milicevic /Alpeza (MINN) def. Nortey /Dean (NEB) 7-5
Order of Finish: 1,2,3
1. Felix Corwin (MINN) def.Toby Boyer (NEB) 6-7, 6-4, 10-6
2. Matic Spec (MINN) def. Linus Erhart (NEB) 6-3, 6-0
3. Stefan Milicevic (MINN) def. Isaac Nortey (NEB) 6-1, 6-4
4. Jackson Allen (MINN) def. Micah Klousia (NEB) 6-7, 6-1, 10-3
5. WIlliam Gratton-Smith (NEB) def. Vlad Lobak (MINN) 6-4, 1-6, 10-7
6. Josip Krstanovic (MINN) def. Chris Dean (NEB) 6-0, 6-4
Order of Finish: 2,3,6,5,4,1