Huskers Fall to Michigan, 7-0
Ann Arbor, Mich. -- The Nebraska men's tennis team concluded their 2018 regular season with a 7-0 loss to No. 12 Michigan. The Huskers end the regular season with an overall record of 11-14 and 1-10 in Big Ten play.
In doubles play, Linus Erhart and Dylan Bednarczyk were defeated by No. 13 Ale Knight and Runhaoi Hua 6-1. Freshmen duo William Grattan-Smith and Isaac Nortey were next to fall for the Huskers, being defeated by Myles Schalet and Connor Johnston 6-3 to seal the doubles point for the Wolverines. Toby Boyer and Micah Klousia went unfinished in their doubles match.
In singles, Rok Krizaj was the first to fall being defeated 6-1, 6-0 by Harrison Brown. Grattan-Smith was next being defeated 6-2, 6-2 by Davis Crocker. Boyer was bested by No. 12 Alex Knight 6-2. 6-3 in the No. 1 spot. Nortey was defeated by Mattias Siimar 6-0, 6-2 in the No. 4 position. Erhart fell to No. 44 Hua 6-4, 6-0. Klousia was defeated by Schalet 6-1, 0-6, 6-3 in the No. 3 position.
The Huskers will train for a week before heading to Iowa City, Iowa for the Big Ten Tournament where they will be the 11 seed taking on the 6 seed, Wisconsin on Thursday, April 26 with first serve set for 2 p.m. In their last meeting, the Badgers defeated the Big Red 4-3 on March 17 at the Dillon Tennis Center. Follow all things Big Ten Tournament here.
1. #13 Alex Knight/Runhao Hua (MICH) def. Linus Erhart/Dylan Bednarczyk (NU) 6-1
2. Myles Schalet/Connor Johnston (MICH) def. Isaac Nortey/William GrattanSmith (NU) 6-3
3. Harrison Brown/Kristofer Siimar (MICH) vs. Toby Boyer/Micah Klousia (NU) unfinished
Order of Finish: 1,2
1. #12 Alex Knight (MICH) def. Toby Boyer (NU) 6-2, 6-3
2. #44 Runhao Hua (MICH) def. Linus Erhart (NU) 6-4, 6-0
3. Myles Schalet (MICH) def. Micah Klousia (NU) 6-1, 0-6, 6-3
4. Mattias Siimar (MICH) def. Isaac Nortey (NU) 6-0, 6-2
5. Davis Crocker (MICH) def. William GrattanSmith (NU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Harrison Brown (MICH) def. Rok Krizaj (NU) 6-1, 6-0
Order of Finish: 5,1,4,2,3,6