Honors & Awards
- 2017 Junior Olympics (First, Vault) (Third, Pommel Horse) (Fourth, Floor) (Seventh, All-Around)
- 2017 Houston National Invitational Champion (All-Around)
- 2017 Circle of Stars Champion (All-Around)
- 2017 Joe Giallombardo Invitational Champion (All-Around)
- 2016 Illinois State Championships (First, Floor) (Second, Vault) (Third, All-Around)
- 2016 Region 5 Championships (Second, Pommel Horse) (Third, Floor) (Third, Vault) (Eighth, All-Around)
- Region 5 Elite Team (2016-17)
- US National Qualifiers (2015, 2018)
2019 (Season Outlook)
Charlie Giles is expected to compete for a spot on all six events for the Huskers. The Huskers lost eight seniors to graduation, including three All-Americans, and Giles will look to help fill that void in his first season with the Huskers.
Giles competed for Premier Gymnastics in Lake Zurich, Illinois. Giles was the 2017 Junior Olympic National Champion on vault.
Giles also excelled outside the gym, receiving the Spark Scholarship in 2018.
Giles was born on April 21, 1999, and attended high school at Lake Zurich High School in Lake Zurich, Illinois. He is the son of Stewart Giles and Cheri Rose, and has one brother named Cooper, who is also a gymnast. Giles credits starting his gymnastics career to watching Paul and Morgan Hamm in the 2004 Athens Olympics. Outside of gymnastics, Charlie enjoys working on cars, playing video games, and building computers. Giles played baseball for 9 years as a catcher and is a Chicago Cubs fan. Giles also supported his community, working as a Special Olympics Coach from 2013 to 2015.
Giles on Nebraska: "I chose Nebraska because I felt like I was at home. My coaches and my teammates made me feel like I belong here. I couldn't see myself going to any other school."