Honors & Awards
- 2017 Junior Olympics (First, Vault) (Third, Pommel Horse) (Fourth, Floor) (Seventh, All-Around)
- 2017 Houston National Invitational Champion (All-Around)
- 2017 Circle of Stars Champion (All-Around)
- 2017 Joe Giallombardo Invitational Champion (All-Around)
- 2016 Illinois State Championships (First, Floor) (Second, Vault) (Third, All-Around)
- 2016 Region 5 Championships (Second, Pommel Horse) (Third, Floor) (Third, Vault) (Eighth, All-Around)
- Region 5 Elite Team (2016-17)
- US National Qualifiers (2015, 2018)
2019 (Season Outlook)
Charlie Giles is expected to compete for a spot on all six events for the Huskers. Nebraska lost eight seniors to graduation, including three All-Americans, and Giles will look to help fill that void in his first season with the Huskers.
2019 Season Highs
- Floor - 12.40 (at Penn State, January 26, 2019)
- Pommel Horse - 12.75 (at Rocky Mountain Open, January 12, 2019)
- Vault - 14.20 (at Penn State, January 26, 2019)
Giles competed for Premier Gymnastics in Lake Zurich, Illinois. Giles was the 2017 Junior Olympic National Champion on vault.
Giles also excelled outside the gym, receiving the Spark Scholarship in 2018.
Charlie was born on April 21, 1999, and attended high school at Lake Zurich High School in Illinois. He is the son of Stewart Giles and Cheri Rose, and has one brother named Cooper, who is also a gymnast. Charlie is majoring in child, youth and family studies.
Outside of gymnastics, Charlie enjoys working on cars, playing video games, and building computers. Giles played baseball for nine years as a catcher and is a Chicago Cubs fan. Giles also supported his community, working as a Special Olympics Coach from 2013 to 2015. Charlie credits starting his gymnastics career to watching Paul and Morgan Hamm in the 2004 Athens Olympics.