Huskers Defeat Minnesota and UIC
Lincoln, Neb. - The Nebraska men’s gymnastics team claimed three event titles and the all-around title against No. 4 Minnesota and No. 18 UIC at today’s Tumble N Rumble. Anton Stephenson claimed event titles on vault (14.85), pommel horse (13.35), while freshman Khalil Jackson and sophomore Griffin Kehler tied for the high bar title (14.00). Evan Hymanson claimed the all-around title with a score of 81.00. Hymanson led the way for the Huskers, posting three career high scores. Nebraska claimed first (404.650), Minnesota finished second (403.600), while UIC finished third (362.600).
Rotation 1 - Floor
- Evan Hymanson led the way for the Huskers with a career-high score of 14.00.
- Zach Peters also led the way for NU, posting a 14.05.
- Griffin Kehler wasn’t too far behind with a 13.85.
- Josh Martin also added a career-high score of 13.40 to the team score.
- Jake Bonnay rounded out NU’s final team score of 68.950 with a 13.65.
Rotation 2 - Pommel Horse
- Anton Stephenson paved the way, posting a 13.35
- Evan Kriley and Mitch Tyndall weren’t too far behind, posting 12.75 and 12.70 respectively.
- Khalil Jackson posted a 12.10.
- Josh Martin rounded out the team score of 62.70 with an 11.80.
- Evan Hymanson posted a career-high 12.10 in the all-around category.
Rotation 3 - Rings
- Austin Lober led the way for the Huskers with a season-high score of 13.55.
- Evan Hymanson and Jordan King weren’t too far behind, both posting scores of 13.40.
- Joshua Everitt added a 13.25.
- Josh Martin rounded out the team score of 66.60 with a 12.80.
Rotation 4 - Vault
- Anton Stephenson finished strong with a score of 14.85
- Zach Peters wasn’t too far behind with a career-high score 14.60.
- Jake Bonnay posted a 14.15.
- Jonathan Scripnick and Josh Martin rounded out the final team score of 71.80, both posting a 14.10.
- Evan Hymanson posted a career-high score of 14.05 in the all-around category.
Rotation 5 - Parallel Bars
- Anton Stephenson led the way for the Huskers with a season-high score of 14.20.
- Evan Hymanson followed closely with a season-high score of 14.05.
- Dillan King added a score of 13.95.
- Andrew Zymball posted a score of 13.45.
- Mitch Tyndall rounded out the final team score of 67.65 with a 12.00.
Rotation 6 - High Bar
- Khalil Jackson and Griffin Kehler led the way with career-high scores of 14.00.
- Evan Hymanson followed closely, posting a 13.40.
- Evan Kriley posted a career-high of 13.15.
- Dillan King rounded out the final team score of 66.95 with a score of 12.40.
The Huskers take on Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa on Saturday, March 2 at 7:00 p.m.