Huskers Top No. 3 Michigan
Lincoln, Neb. - The Nebraska men’s gymnastics team claimed three event titles at this afternoon’s senior day meet, topping the No. 3 Michigan Wolverines. Senior Anton Stephenson claimed individual titles on vault (15.05), floor (14.40) and parallel bars (14.75). As a team, the Huskers posted season high scores on vault, parallel bars and still rings. Nebraska placed first with a season high team score (408.700) and Michigan came in second (403.800).
Rotation 1 - Floor
- Anton Stephenson and Griffin Kehler led the way for the Huskers, both posting a 14.00.
- Jake Bonnay and Zach Peters followed closely, scoring 13.80 and 13.50 respectively.
- Charlie Giles rounded out the final team score of 68.60 with a 12.90.
Rotation 2 - Pommel Horse
- Anton Stephenson paved the way for NU, scoring a 13.65.
- Khalil Jackson and Mitch Tyndall weren’t too far behind, posting 13.30 and 13.25 respectively.
- Jake Bonnay and Charlie Giles rounded out the final team score of 66.15, scoring 13.10 and 12.85 respectively.
Rotation 3 - Still Rings
- Joshua Everitt led the way for NU, posting a season high score of 14.00
- Jordan King and Evan Hymanson followed closely, both posting 13.65.
- Evan Hymanson posted a career-high (13.65).
- Anton Stephenson and Mitch Tyndall rounded out the final team score of 68.00, posting 13.50 and 13.20 respectively.
Rotation 4 - Vault
- Anton Stephenson led the way for the Huskers, posting a 15.05.
- Charlie Giles wasn’t too far behind, posting a 14.65.
- Zach Peters and Jake Bonnay both added a 14.40 to the team score.
- Josh Martin rounded out the final team score of 72.60, scoring 14.10.
Rotation 5 - Parallel Bars
- Anton Stephenson paved the way for NU, posting a season high score of 14.75.
- Andrew Zymball followed closely, scoring a 14.05.
- Evan Hymanson added a 13.90 to the team score.
- Dillan King and Griffin Kehler rounded out the final team score of 69.70, both scoring 13.50.
Rotation 6 - Horizontal Bar
- Griffin Kehler led the way for the Huskers, posting a 13.70.
- Anton Stephenson wasn’t too far behind, notching a 13.05.
- Khalil Jackson added a 12.95 to the final team score.
- Dillan King and Jake Bonnay rounded out the final team score of 63.65, scoring 12.00 and 11.95 respectively.
After a week off, the Huskers head to the Big Ten Championships in Iowa City, Iowa. Team Finals and Individual Qualifiers will take place on Friday, April 5 at 7 p.m. CT. Individual Finals will take place on Saturday, April 6 at 7 p.m. CT.