Olympic Gold Medalist and two-time World champion Jordan Burroughs headlines the 2014 Nebraska Wrestling Fall Coaches Clinic on Oct. 31 at the Bob Devaney Sports Center.
For a cost of $120, each coach gets an NSAA Wrestling Rules Clinic, technique sessions, a gift, as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner. The event starts with registration and breakfast at 9:15 a.m. in the north concourse of the Devaney Center.
At 10:15 a.m., Head Coach Mark Manning will welcome all the coaches followed by Rob Sanders of the NWTC, who will speak at 10:30 a.m. The rest of the morning will consist of a wrestling rules clinic presented by Ron Higdon from the Nebraska High School Athletic Association.
In the afternoon, former Husker wrestler and two-time NCAA champion Jordan Burroughs will present a session on wrestling technique. Burroughs will also conduct a Q&A session at 2:30 p.m.
Following a break at 3 p.m., two-time All-American Jason Chamberlain and Austin Trotman will present a wrestling technique session at 3:30 p.m. Dinner and the Intrasquad event is at 5 p.m.
For more information on the Fall Coaches Clinic, contact Ellen Shutts at 402-472-9430 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. All checks for the Fall Coaches Clinic should be made payable to Nebraska Wrestling Camps, Inc.
- 9:15-10:15 a.m. Registration/Breakfast (North Concourse of Devaney Center)
- 10:15-10:30 a.m. Welcome and introduction from Mark Manning
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. Rob Sanders (NWTC USA Wrestling)
- 10:45-Noon Wrestling Rules Clinic by Ron Higdon of the NHSAA
- Noon-12:45 p.m. Lunch (Concourse Level)
- 1:00-2:30 p.m. Jordan Burroughs (Olympic Gold Medalist/two-time World champion/two-time NCAA champion) Wrestling Technique
- 2:30-3:00 p.m. Jordan Burroughs Q&A Session
- 3:00-3:30 p.m. Session Break
- 3:30-5 p.m. Austin Trotman/Jason Chamberlain Wrestling Techniques
- 5:00-6:30 p.m. Dinner for Paid Coaches (Concourse) and Intrasquad