Oral Roberts Postgame Notes
UC Irvine 9, Oral Roberts 7
NCAA Lincoln Regional
Game 2, May 30, 2008
- Oral Roberts saw its 12-game winning streak snapped, as the Golden Eagles fell to 46-13 on the season with the loss.
- Starting pitcher Michael Jarman lasted just one-third of an inning, marking his shortest outing of the season (he had pitched at least 5.0 innings in each of his 14 previous starts this year).
- David Genao’s two-run, second-inning home run was his 10th of the season and his second in the past three games. In the game, Genao tied his career-high with three hits, a number he has reached six times in his career.
- Oral Roberts entered the game having scored at least nine runs in each of its last five games and came up just short of that mark by scoring seven runs on Friday night.
- Brian Van Kirk hit his team-leading 18th home run of the season in the top of the seventh inning. Van Kirk homered for the third consecutive game and seventh time in the past 13 games.
- Oral Roberts struck out a season-high 13 times on Friday night. The Golden Eagles’ previous high was 12 on two occasions.