UC Irvine Postgame Notes
NCAA Lincoln Regional
Game 2, May 30, 2008
· UC Irvine improved to 39-16 this season with the win. The Anteaters are 8-6 all-time in NCAA Tournament play. UC Irvine, which is making its third straight regional appearance, has now won four consecutive NCAA Regional games after posting a 3-0 record at the 2007 Austin Regional.
· Ollie Linton stole two bases in Friday’s game, extending his single-season school record to 39 and his UC Irvine career record to 68. Linton recorded two hits and two walks to reach base safely in four of his five plate appearances from the leadoff spot.
· Eric Pettis recorded his 16th save of the season, one shy of the school record.
· UC Irvine pitchers finished with 13 strikeouts, marking their 21st double-digit strikeout game of the season.
· The Anteaters improved to 14-1 when scoring in the first inning this season.
· UC Irvine also improved to 34-0 this season when leading after seven innings and 36-0 when leading after eight innings.
· Starting pitcher Scott Gorgen allowed a career-high-tying six runs in five-plus innings. Entering the game, Gorgen had not allowed more than four runs in any of his 14 starts this season.
· Ben Orloff made his 150th straight start on Friday, but finished 0-for-5 at the plate while scoring once.