Nebraska Game Notes
· With the loss,
· The attendance for Saturday night’s game was 8,646, the second-largest NCAA Regional crowd in Hawks Field history. The crowd was the seventh-largest in school history.
· Jake Opitz homered for the third time at the NCAA Lincoln Regional. The homer was his team-leading 11th of the season and gave him more home runs in 2008 than his first three seasons combined (10 homers). Opitz, who has eight homers in his last 18 games, also leads
· Opitz finished 2-for-4 in the game, extending his career-long hitting streak to 14 games. During the hitting streak, Opitz is batting .434 (23-for-53) with five homers, 11 RBIs and 13 walks. He has also reached base safely in 25 of the last 26 games.
· Mitch Abeita singled in his first at bat before being retired in the third. Abeita opened the NCAA Lincoln Regional 4-for-4 with a pair of walks, reaching base safely in each of his first six plate appearances. Abeita has reached base safely in 54 of 55 games this season.
· Ben Kline finished 1-for-3 in the game, extending his career-high hitting streak to four games.
· Johnny Dorn tossed his second complete game of the season, but has been on the losing end of the decision both times. His loss on Saturday was his first loss at Hawks Field this season and his first since April 21, 2007 against
· Dorn surrendered a career-high 11 hits. In his first 57 starts at
· Dorn allowed three earned runs or less for the 13th time in 15 starts this season.
· Dorn has now thrown 107.1 innings this season, joining Shane Komine as the only Huskers to throw at least 100 innings twice in their career.
· Dorn struck out six Anteaters on the night. He recorded his 100th strikeout of the season with his fourth punch out of the game. Dorn now has 298 career strikeouts, a total that ranks second in