UC Irvine Game Notes
UC Irvine 3, Nebraska 2
NCAA Lincoln Regional
Saturday, May 31, 2008
· UC Irvine improved to 40-16 this season with the win. The Anteaters are 9-6 all-time in NCAA Tournament play. UC Irvine, which is making their third straight regional appearance, has now won five consecutive NCAA Regional games after posting a 3-0 record at the 2007 Austin Regional.
· The Anteaters reached 40 wins for the second straight season. The 40-win season is only
· UC Irvine also improved to 35-0 this season when leading after seven innings and 37-0 when leading after eight innings.
· UCI is now 23-8 on the road this season, including a 6-3 record at top-25 teams. Overall, the Anteaters are 7-5 this season against ranked teams.
· Ollie Linton’s game-winning home run in the fifth inning was his fourth of the season and his first since April 27, a total of 17 games.
· Starting pitcher Daniel Bibona tossed a career-high 8.0 innings. Bibona allowed just four hits, including three with two outs. The three hits were one shy of his career low, as he allowed three hits to USC on Feb. 27.
· Eric Pettis recorded his 17th save of the season, tying Blair Erickson’s school record, set last season.
· Casey Stevenson tied his career high with three hits, totaling three hits for the fourth time in his career.
· UC Irvine entered the NCAA Lincoln Regional allowing just 0.46 home runs per game, but through the first two games of the regional, the Anteaters have surrendered three long balls.