Nebraska Game Notes
2008 NCAA Lincoln Regional
Game 5: Oral Roberts 8, Nebraska 0
Sunday, June 1, 2008
· With the loss,
· NU’s 8-0 loss was its second-worst defeat in the seven-year history of Hawks Field. The worst home loss in Hawks Field history was a 14-3 defeat to
· NU was shut out at Hawks Field for just the second-time ever as the only other occurrence came exactly five years ago today when Bob Zimmermann tossed a five-hit shutout to lead
· After recording only four hits on Saturday,
· Tyler Farst got the Huskers’ first hit of the game with a leadoff single in the top of the seventh inning. The hit was
· NU was held to a season-low run total at Hawks Field for the second straight game on Sunday. The Huskers had scored at least three runs in 36 consecutive games at Hawks Field (dating back to 2007) before being held to two against UC Irvine on Saturday and zero against Oral Roberts on Sunday. On the season, NU was held to two runs or less just seven times.
· NU lost back-to-back home games for the first time this season and for the first time since losing the first three home games of May in 2007.
· Bryce Nimmo added his third stolen base of the NCAA Lincoln Regional on Sunday. Nimmo entered the tournament having gone 39 consecutive games without a stolen base.
· Jake Opitz singled in the top of the ninth to finish his career on a career-best 14-game hitting streak. During the streak, Opitz hit .421 (24-for-57) with five homers, 11 RBIs and 13 walks. He reached base safely in 26 of his final 27 games.
· Mitch Abeita failed to reach base safely for only the second time in 56 games this season.