Spring Game Tickets Remain on Sale; Suh to Attend Red-White Contest
The Nebraska Athletic Department has sold approximately 63,800 tickets for the April 17 Red-White Spring Game. More than 17,000 tickets remain for the contest which will kick off at 1 p.m. at Memorial Stadium.
Fans are encouraged to buy their tickets in advance to ensure timely delivery prior to the game, and avoid possible long lines at the will-call window. Reserved tickets for the spring game are $10 each and can be purchased on-line at Huskers.com, by calling 1-800 8-BIG RED, or in person at the Athletic Ticket Office in the Stadium Drive parking garage.
The Red-White game has sold out in advance each of the past two years, and there have been no ticket sales on game day. Fans are reminded there will again be no sales on game day if all tickets are sold in advance.
Fans in attendance at the Red-White game will also have an opportunity to salute Ndamukong Suh for a final time before he embarks on his career in the National Football League. Suh will be on hand as part of a special announcement at the game, and will also speak at Nebraska's donor luncheon before the game. The luncheon is sold out.
As a winner of several major national awards, Suh will have his No. 93 jersey retired in the future, but that ceremony will not take place at the spring game. The jersey retirement will take place at a Nebraska game, possibly as early as this fall. All major award winners are honored by having their jersey retired. However, their uniform number will still be worn in the future.
The Red-White football game is far from the only Nebraska athletic event on Saturday, April 17. Husker fans should make their plans to attend a number of events on that day including:
- The Husker Nation Pavilion will open at 9 a.m. for the Red-White Game.
- As part of the spring game Pavilion events, the Nebraska soccer team will take on Minnesota at 9:30 a.m. at the Nebraska Soccer Field. The soccer game and the Husker Nation Pavilion are free to the public.
- The Nebraska softball team takes on Baylor in a 3 p.m. game at Bowlin Stadium. Fans will be admitted free with a ticket from the football game, or for $1 with a ticket from that afternoon's baseball game.
- The Husker baseball team will take on Kansas at 4:05 p.m. at Hawks Field. Single-game tickets for the game with the Jayhawks remain available through the Nebraska Ticket Office.
- The Nebraska volleyball team will play its only home match of the spring season against Illinois at 7 p.m. at the Nebraska Coliseum. More than 3,300 tickets have been sold to the game as of Wednesday morning, so fans are encouraged to purchase those quickly if they hope to attend. Tickets are $10 for a reserved seat and $8 for general admission. The Illini finished last season 26-6 and advanced to the third round of the NCAA Championship.