Experience Europe with the Huskers
Tour Photo Album (Updated Daily)
The Nebraska women's basketball team plans to gain experience as a group while experiencing the culture of Sweden, Denmark and Norway during an 11-day trip, Aug. 5-15.
In addition to the four games and several practices the Huskers will gain in Europe, Nebraska also practiced on 10 dates during the summer of 2011. NU's first five practice dates came in earlier in the summer (June 19, 21, 27, 29, July 1). The Huskers conclude pre-travel practices July 31-Aug. 4.
"We're really excited to have a chance to travel abroad with our team this summer," Nebraska Coach Connie Yori said. "The challenges of traveling and playing international teams with some different styles will provide our players with some great experience on the court. We also hope the trip serves as a team-building opportunity, while giving our players some chances to have some new cultural experiences."
Funding for the trip is being provided by the Fastbreakers - the official booster of the Nebraska women's basketball program.
Join the Nebraska women's basketball program for the Husker Golf Scramble on Aug. 29 at Wilderness Ridge in Lincoln. Click here for more details.
Fans can follow Nebraska's journey to Europe with daily updates on Huskers.com.
European Tour Coverage
- Monday, Aug. 1 - Tipping Off - Lindsey Moore
- Tuesday, Aug. 2 - Progress Report - Connie Yori
- Wednesday, Aug. 3 - Griesch's The Word - Jeff Griesch
- Thursday, Aug. 4 - Final Preparations - Jordan Hooper
- Thursday, Aug. 4 - USC, Creighton, ACC Powers Headline Schedule
- Friday, Aug. 5 - Depart Lincoln for Sweden - Kaitlyn Burke & Layne Reeves
- Saturday, Aug. 6 - Arriving in Stockholm, Sweden - Harleen Sidhu
- Sunday, Aug. 7 - Perspectives from Stockholm - Katie Simon
- Monday, Aug. 8 - Game #1 - Swedish National Team Recap -
Meghin Williams - Perspective from Game #1
- Tuesday, Aug. 9 - Journey to Oslo, Norway - Adrianna Maurer
- Wednesday, Aug. 10 - Game #2 - Huskers Roll to 102-33 Win - Recap -
Rebecca Woodberry - Perspectives from Oslo
- Thursday, Aug. 11 - Last Day in Norway, on the way to Denmark - Hailie Sample
- Friday, Aug. 12 - Copenhagen, Denmark - Tear'a Laudermill
- Saturday, Aug. 13 - Game #3 - Huskers Cruise to 77-41 win - Recap -
Emily Cady - Postgame Perspectives from Copenhagen
- Sunday, Aug. 14 - Game #4 - Huskers Shoot Past Danish National Team - Recap - Brandi Jeffery - The Last Day in Denmark
- Monday, Aug. 15 - Return to Nebraska - Kaitlyn Burke