The Huskers and the Golden Hurricane began the morning on the doubles courts. Janine Weinreich and Jennifer Holmberg (NU) picked up the first win for the Big Red, downing Michelle Farley and Isaura Enrique (TU) in No. 3 doubles, 8-3. Nebraska then captured the doubles point with Mary Weatherholt and Patricia Veresova's (NU) 8-2 win over Bonny Davidson and Samantha Vickers (TU) in No. 2 doubles. The Huskers dropped the No. 1 singles match, as Ewa Szatkowska and Anastasia Erofeeva (TU) edged Nebraska's Madeleine Geibert and Stefanie Weinstein (NU), 8-5.
The teams took to the singles courts, where the Huskers quickly extended their 1-0 lead. Weinreich picked up Nebraska's second point of the day with a 6-2, 6-4 win over Tulsa's Davidson in No. 6 singles. NU's Weinstein pushed the lead to 3-0 as she topped Isaura Enrique in No. 4 singles, 6-3, 6-1.
Tulsa struck back, picking up its only point of the day in No. 5 singles as Michelle Farley defeated Nebraska's Izabella Zgierska, 6-3, 6-2.
Madeleine Geibert would pick up the match-clinching fourth point for the Huskers, defeating Tulsa's Ewa Szatkowska by a score of 6-4, 6-4 at the No. 3 position. Mary Weatherholt followed, adding a 6-3, 6-3 win over Samantha Vickers in No. 2 singles.
Patricia Veresova closed out the day for the Huskers at the No. 1 position, where she downed Anastasia Erofeeva in a three-set battle, 1-6, 6-3, 6-2.
Nebraska will take next week off before leaving Nebraska for three away matches during spring break. The Huskers will travel to California to face Long Beach State on March 20 at 2 p.m. before returning to the Midwest as they continue Big Ten play. Nebraska will face Illinois on March 24 at noon before challenging Northwestern in a rematch of ITA Kickoff Weekend play on March 25 at 11 a.m.
No. 32 Nebraska 6
No. 30 Tulsa 1
Nebraska Tennis Center
1. Ewa Szatkowska/Anastasia Erofeeva (TU) def. No. 22 Madeleine Geibert/Stefanie Weinstein (NU) 8-5
2. Patricia Veresova/Mary Weatherholt (NU) def. Bonny Davidson/Samantha Vickers (TU) 8-2
3. Janine Weinreich/Jennifer Holmberg (NU) def. Michelle Farley/Isaura Enrique (TU) 8-3
Order of finish
(3, 2, 1)
1. Patricia Veresova (NU) def. Anastasia Erofeeva (TU) 1-6, 6-3, 6-2
2. Mary Weatherholt (NU) def. Samantha Vickers (TU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Madeleine Geibert (NU) def. Ewa Szatkowska (TU) 6-4, 6-4
4. Stefanie Weinstein (NU) def. Isaura Enrique (TU) 6-3, 6-1
5. Michelle Farley (TU) def. Izabella Zgierska (NU) 6-3, 6-2
6. Janine Weinreich (NU) def. Bonny Davidson (TU) 6-2, 6-4
Order of finish
(6, 4, 5, 3, 2, 1)