Inner Circle Leadership
Purpose: Established in 2014 and quickly becoming one of the top student leadership organizations on campus, Inner Circle consists of 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th year University of Nebraska student-athlete emerging leaders who focus on leadership, personal and professional development, while connecting with peers, prominent letterwinner alumni, and community leaders.
Participants: All interested student-athlete emerging leaders must apply for consideration. A maximum of 40 student-athletes will be accepted into the program. Members must be committed to attending all meetings and will only be allowed to miss two events throughout the academic year.
- Leadership Principles and Strategies
- Career Insights
- Life Experiences
- Transferable Skills
- Transition Issues
- Husker for Life
Meetings: Meetings will take place in Memorial Stadium (Devaney Era Club or West Stadium Club) starting at 7 p.m. (Meetings will last a maximum of 90 minutes). Inner Circle meeting dates for the 2018-2019 academic calendar year include:
- Monday, Sept. 17th: Inner Circle Orientation / Mini-Retreat
- Monday, Oct. 8th: What is Leadership?
- Monday, Nov. 12th: Servant Leadership
- Monday, Dec. 10th: Outreach Event
- Monday, January 21st: Stewardship
- Monday, Feb. 11th: Communication is Key
- Monday, March 11th: Nebraska Athletics Pillars of Success
- Monday, April 15th: Scaling the Mountain
- Sunday, April 28th: Link N Leaders
Leadership Opportunities: As a member of the Inner Circle, opportunities will be provided for involvement in campus and athletic department leadership initiatives including, but not limited to, Student-Athlete Development Facilitation, N Club Events, Alumni Masters Week, and Link N Leaders.