Post-Eligibility Opportunities FAQ
1. Do I have to attend and complete the required PEO Success Series Workshops before I graduate and/or exhaust eligibility?
Yes. All student-athletes who meet or will be PEO eligible upon graduation are required to attend and complete the Introductory PEO Workshop before they graduate. Student-athletes are encouraged to attend and complete at least one supplementary workshop directly related to their experience (internship, study abroad or graduate school) before they graduate and/or exhaust eligibility.
2. Can I use PEO funds for graduate school at an institution other than the University of Nebraska-Lincoln or the University of Nebraska Medical Center?
No. Athletics aid will be awarded only through the University of Nebraska-Lincoln or the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
3. I don't know what type of experience I want. What should I do?
Student-athletes are encouraged to participate in each of the supplemental workshops (internships, study abroad and graduate school) as they will be able to learn more about each experience and ask questions of area experts who can assist them in their decision.
4. PEO participants can receive up to a $7,500 one-semester scholarship for their experience. What would prevent me from receiving the full $7,500?
Letterwinner alumni participating in a PEO experience lasting less than one semester will receive athletic aid that has been prorated.
5. Can I receive additional aid if my experience lasts more than one semester?
No. Individuals participating in an experience longer than one semester are responsible for the remaining costs.
6. What will my scholarship cover?
Initial athletics aid will be applied to tuition and fees and remaining aid will be distributed through a room and board stipend, in an amount to not exceed $7,500.
7. I graduated/exhausted my eligibility before December 2015, can I participate in PEO?
Only letterwinner alumni who graduate in or after December 2015 and meet PEO requirements are eligible to participate.
8. When will I receive my scholarship?
After letterwinner alumni sign their scholarship paperwork through the Nebraska Athletics Compliance Office, aid will be applied to their student accounts at least two weeks before the semester in which they are enrolled begins.
9. I attended and completed the required Introductory PEO Workshop and supplementary workshop for my experience (internship, study abroad or graduate school) before I graduated and/or exhausted my eligibility, do I need take a refresher course before I start my experience?
If letterwinner alumni attended and completed their supplementary workshop (internship, study abroad, graduate school) more than one year before their experience, they are encouraged to schedule a refresher meeting with the PEO Director or an experience representative.
10. I have a question not addressed on this page. Who should I contact?
Contact Ashley Stone, Director of PEO Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-472-4656.