Nebraska boasts 10 Conference Championships.
The Dick and Peg Herman Family Student Life Complex
- Nebraska leads the nation in Academic All-Americans out of all NCAA schools.
- The Nebraska Soccer program has produced 155 Academic All-Conference selections.
- Nebraska Athletics possesses a state of the art Academic Support Center for student athletes which houses a computer lab, tutorial areas, study centers, and offices for Academic Support Staff.
- Tutors are available free of charge for each student athlete in every class.
- Supplemental instruction is available often in a small group setting.
- Nebraska is one of a select few athletic departments to offer a Life Skills program for its student athletes in order to provide education in practical daily areas such as money management, resume writing, interviewing for jobs, and leadership development.
- Barbara Hibner Stadium opened in 2015 and is one of the country's top soccer stadiums.
- The stadium features:
- Stadium seats and chairback bleachers only.
- Canopy covering the main stand.
- Balcony viewing for overflow crowd.
- State of the art locker room with individual wood lockers.
- Peter Underwood Team Room for pre game team meetings.
- Full sized indoor field turf field with balcony seating.
- Lounge for players to relax in between classes or prior to practice. This lounge includeds a large screen TV, videogames, computer, printer, and couches.
- The locker room features individual mahogony lockers.
Jenna Cooper Team Room
- Large team meeting room ideal for pre-practice meetings and video analysis.
Ed Weir Practice Field
- Situated next to Hawks Championship Center.
- Former Nebraska Soccer game field.
Alloy Strength Complex
- Nebraska soccer is one of the country's most successful programs as evidenced by the following:
- Two Big 10 Conference Championships
- Eight Big 12 Conference Championships
- Two NCAA Elite 8 appearances
- Eight NCAA Sweet 16 appearances
- Eleven NCAA tournament appearances
- Nebraska soccer is built on a Player Development philosophy of helping every player in the program reach their potential with individualized instruction in the areas of technical skills, tactical understanding of the game, physical performance training and leadership/psychosocial development. The program has produced the following:
- 18 All-Americans
- 80 All-Conference selections
- 29 National team members (USA, Canada, Mexico, U20/U23/Senior National Team)
- 14 Professional players
Schedule/Big 10 Conference
- Nebraska participates in one of the country's leading athletic and soccer conferences – the Big 10 conference. The 2015 National Champion, Penn State, is a member of the Big 10.
- Our scheduling philosophy is to try and play the most challenging schedule possible as evidenced by our 2015 strength of schedule being ranked the 3rd most difficult in the country (included opponents such as North Carolina, Penn State, BYU, Ohio State, Michigan).
- The majority of our games are streamed live online on the Big 10 Network.
- This past season, Nebraska soccer averaged 1381 fans/game (including a season high 2800 fans vs North Carolina) and this attendance average is the 14th highest in the country
- All Nebraska sports teams are supported heavily including our National Champion volleyball team which sold out every game this past season and our football team which averages over 90,000 fans per game and has sold out every game since 1968!
- Nebraska soccer heavily uses Sports Science to aid its players in the areas of injury prevention, recovery/regeneration, monitoring of training loads and as a learning tool for its players.
- Each Husker soccer player is given expert feedback in the following areas:
- The Nebraska Athletic Performance Lab (located within the Athletic Department) is currently utilized by the soccer program in the areas of ACL injury prevention, concussion baseline testing, speed and agility testing and VO2 testing.
Learn more about Nebraska's Soccer here.