Legendary running coach Dr. Joe I. Vigil, who led U.S. Olympic Teams in Seoul 1988 and Beijing 2008, was the keynote speaker at the inaugural Huskers Performance Symposium, Dec. 9-10 at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln.
Vigil was among nine guest speakers, all leaders in athletics sports science, for a symposium geared toward directors of sports medicine and sports science, sports performance individuals and athletic directors.
- Live 3D Motion Capture and Force Plate technology demonstration from NAPL
- Technology demonstration from HUDL
- Brian Kopp discussion of cutting-edge technology from CATAPULT
- Husker Power’s Boyd Epley’s firsthand history of Husker innovation
- Daniel Kant-Hull’s use of CATAPULT technology with sports teams
- Fatigue Science’s actigraphs help teams track sleeping patterns
- EliteForm’s Skip Cronin MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- HUDL’s Cliff Carlson discussion of high performance team characteristics
- NAPL’s Curt Tomasevicz explanation of engineering in bobsledding