Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst and Coach Mike Riley Set to Thank Fans Across the State
Nebraska Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst and Head Football Coach Mike Riley will be traveling throughout the state to thank the greatest fans in college sports, while also providing an exclusive inside look at the 2017 football season with eight Huskers Tour stops. Several head coaches will join Eichorst and Riley on the tour, including Women's Basketball Coach Amy Williams in Grand Island on Tuesday, May 9; Men's Basketball Coach Tim Miles in Fremont and Elkhorn on Thursday, May 11; and Wrestling Coach Mark Manning in Nebraska City on Friday, May 12. Husker letterwinners will join the tour at every public stop, including Heisman Trophy Winners Eric Crouch and Johnny Rodgers. (Please see additional “Special Guests Attending” in tour schedule below).
These eight Huskers Tour stops, presented by First National Bank, are planned for May 8th through May 12th in Lincoln, Alliance, McCook, Grand Island, Omaha, Elkhorn, Fremont and Nebraska City. Husker fans of all ages are welcome to attend the public events, and one pair of season tickets will be awarded at each stop. Joining Eichorst and Coach Riley in Grand Island, Omaha, Fremont and Elkhorn will be members of the Nebraska Spirit Squad and Cornhusker Pep Band. Eichorst and Coach Riley will also visit with media and Husker Radio Network affiliates at many of the sites and the Huskers Sports Network will broadcast live from Elkhorn on May 11. * Tickets for these events are still available, at designated locations, while supplies last and according to maximum capacities. + Media are welcome to attend and cover each of the public events (Wednesday, May 10 is a private event) and will be granted admittance with appropriate media credential. If you plan to cover the May 8 Executive Club Meeting, please contact Tim Brusnahan (email@example.com).
HUSKERS TOUR EVENTS SCHEDULE:
- Monday, May 8 – 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. CDT, Lunch with Lincoln Executive Club in Lincoln (buffet serving at 11:30 a.m.) @ The Nebraska Club (233 S. 13th Street, Suite 2000)
Tickets: Purchase meal/seat at the door ($15 each as space allows, no hard tickets provided)
- Tuesday, May 9 – 10-11 a.m. (NOTE: Mountain Time), Brunch in Alliance @ Newberry's (110 W. 4th Street)
Tickets *: Complimentary tickets can be picked up at First National Bank (124 W. 3rd St.) Special Guest Attending: Steve Taylor
- Tuesday, May 9 – 1:45 – 2:45 p.m. CDT, Reception in McCook @ Red Willow County Fairgrounds (W. 5th and O St.)
Tickets *: Complimentary tickets can be picked up at the McCook Chamber of Commerce (203 W. 2nd St. Special Guest Attending: Steve Taylor
- Tuesday, May 9 – 5:15 – 7 p.m. CDT, Pep Rally in Grand Island (Sports Nightly Broadcasting Live from Event) @ The Balz Reception Hall (213 N. Sycamore St.)
Tickets *: Complimentary tickets can be picked up at First National Bank locations (810 Allen Drive and/or 2023 South Locust in Grand Island). Complimentary food and soft drinks while supplies last. Special Guests Attending: Women's Basketball Coach Amy Williams, Steve Taylor, Phil Cahoy, Phil Ellis
- Wednesday, May 10 – Exclusive Pep Rally/Reception for First National Bank employees in Omaha; @ First National Bank.
Private event, by invitation only.
- Thursday, May 11 – 4:30 – 6 p.m. CDT, Happy Hour in Fremont @ Fremont Golf Club (2710 N. Somers Ave.)
Tickets *: Complimentary tickets can be picked up at First National Bank (152 E. 6th St. and/or 801 E. 23rd St. in Fremont) Complimentary food and soft drinks while supplies last. Special Guests Attending: Men's Basketball Coach Tim Miles, Zach Wiegert, Erik Wiegert, Clete Blakeman
- Thursday, May 11 – 6:30 - 8 p.m. CDT, Happy Hour in Elkhorn (Sports Nightly Broadcasting Live from Event) @ The Mark (20902 Cumberland Road)
Tickets: No admission charged, no tickets needed, open to public, complimentary food and soft drinks while supplies last. Special Guests Attending: Men's Basketball Coach Tim Miles, Eric Crouch, Johnny Rodgers, Jerry Murtaugh, Tony Felici, Joey Felici
- Friday, May 12 – 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. CDT, Lunch in Nebraska City @ The Golf Club at Table Creek (56331 I Road)
Tickets *: Purchase at the Nebraska City Chamber of Commerce (806 1st Ave.) Special Guests Attending: Wresting Coach Mark Manning, Steve Taylor, Chris Kelsay, Bret Clark, Brenden Stai