Huskers Finish Home Non-Conference Play with Win
Lincoln, Neb. -- The Nebraska men's tennis team finished a weekend of matches 2-0 after a 4-1 win over Northern Illinois. The Huskers have continued their hot streak and improve to 9-1 on the season.
In doubles play, in the No. 1 positon, Linus Erhart and Toby Boyer defeated Bor Schweiger Muzar and Georg Ludkvist 6-3. Dylan Bednarczyk and Chris Dean sealed the doubles point for the Huskers with a 6-4 victory over Louis-Philippe Hamel and Tom Hjertonsson. William Grattan-Smith and Rok Krizaj went unfinished in the No. 2 position.
In singles play, Erhart dominated Lundkvist 7-5, 6-1 in the No. 3 position to remain unbeaten on the season. Krizaj fell to Tom Hjertonsson 6-3, 6-3 in the No. 6 position. Dean defeated Muzar 6-1, 7-5. Bednarczyk sealed the win for the Huskers with a 6-1, 7-5 victory over Erich Marbach in the No. 2 position. The rest of the matches for the Huskers went unfinished.
The Huskers will hit the road for their next two matches to Wichita, Kansas to take on Wichita State and a neutral site match against New Mexico on March 9 and 10. The Big Red returns home on March 17 to open up Big Ten play with a match against Wisconsin.
Listen to Coach Kerry McDermott's thoughts on the game Here.
1. Boyer/ Erhart (NEB) def. Muzar/ Lundkvist (NIU) 6-3
2. Grattan-Smith/ Krizaj (NEB) vs. Marbach/ Ortega (NIU) unfinished
3. Bednarczyk/ Dean (NEB) def. Hamel/ Hjertonsson (NIU) 6-4
Order of Finish: 1,3
1. Toby Boyer (NEB) vs. Kristopher Ortega (NIU) Unfinished
2. Dylan Bednarczyk (NEB) def. Erich Marbach 6-1, 7-5
3. Linus Erhart (NEB) def. Georg Lundkvist (NIU) 7-5, 6-1
4. Willam Grattan-Smith (NEB) vs. Louis-Philippe Hamel (NIU) Unfinished
5. Chris Dean (NEB) def. Bor Schweiger Muzar (NIU) 6-1, 7-5
6. Tom Hjertonsson (NIU) def. Rok Krizaj (NEB) 6-3, 6-3
Order of Finish: 3,6,5,2