Huskers Lose to Lions, 6-1
State College, Penn. -- The Nebraska men's tennis team falls to No. 48 Penn State 6-1. The Huskers fall to 9-9 on the season and 0-6 in Big Ten play.
In doubles play, Micah Klousia and William Grattan-Smith were defeated in the No. 2 position by Constant De La Basse and Gabriel Nemeth. In the No. 3 position, Dylan Bednarczyk and Chris Dean fell to Christian Lakoseljac and Ben Lieb. No. 81 Toby Boyer and Linus Erhart went unfinished in their match.
In singles play, Klousia was defeated by Nemeth in the No. 4 position 6-1, 6-2. Boyer was defeated in the No. 1 position by Lakoseljac 6-4, 6-4. In the No. 2 spot, Bednarczyk was defeated by De La Basse 6-1, 6-2. Erhart was the lone victor for the Huskers defeating Christos Antonopoulo 1-6, 6-4, 6-2. Isaac Nortey in the No. 5 position was defeated by Lieb 6-2, 6-0. Grattan-Smith was defeated in the No. 6 position by Alp Sentay 6-0, 3-6, 1-0 (10-3).
The Huskers will travel to Columbus, Ohio for a match against Ohio State Sunday, April 8 at 11 a.m. (Central) and then will travel to Dayton, Ohio for a match against Dayton on Sunday, April 8 at 6 p.m. (Central). The Big Red will return home Friday, April 13 as they continue Big Ten play with a match against Purdue at the Dillon Tennis Center.
- Alp Sentay/Christos Antonopoulo (PSU) vs. #81 Linus Erhart/Toby Boyer (NEB) 5-3, unfinished
- Constant De La Basse/Gabriel Nemeth (PSU) def. Micah Klousia/William Grattan Smit (NEB) 6-2
- Christian Lakoseljac/Ben Lieb (PSU) def. Dylan Bednarczyk/Chris Dean (NEB) 6-3
Order of Finish: 2,3
- Christian Lakoseljac (PSU) def. Toby Boyer (NEB) 6-4, 6-4
- Constant De La Basse (PSU) def. Dylan Bednarczyk (NEB) 6-1, 6-2
- Linus Erhart (NEB) def. Christos Antonopoulo (PSU) 1-6, 6-4, 6-2
- Gabriel Nemeth (PSU) def. Micah Klousia (NEB) 6-1, 6-2
- Ben Lieb (PSU) def. Isaac Nortey (NEB) 6-2, 6-0
- Alp Sentay (PSU) def. William Grattan Smit (NEB) 6-0, 3-6, 1-0 (10-3)
Order of Finish: 4,1,2,3,5,6