Huskers Fall in Big Ten Tournament
Iowa City, Iowa -- The Nebraska men's tennis team concluded its 2018 season with a 4-1 loss against Wisconsin in the Big Ten Tournament.
In doubles play, William Grattan-Smith and Micah Klousia were defeated by Daniel Soyfer and Osgar O'Hoisin 6-2 in the No. 2 position. Linus Erhart and Toby Boyer were next to fall 7-5 to No. 8 Chema Carranza and Josef Dodridge to seal the doubles point for the Badgers. Rok Krizaj and Isaac Nortey went unfinished in their match down 5-4.
In singles play, Nortey was the first to fall, being defeated by O'Hoisin 6-3, 6-1. Krizaj was bested by Robert Krill 7-6 (7-4), 6-0 in the No. 6 position. Klousia was the lone victor for the Huskers, defeating Carranza 6-3, 7-5. Boyer was defeated by Soyfer 7-6 (7-3), 6-3 to seal the win for the Badgers ending the Big Red's season. Erhart went unfinihsed in his match 6-4, 0-6, and Grattan-Smith went unfinished in his match 3-6, 6-4, 2-0.
Nebraska ends the season 11-15 overall and 1-11 in the Big Ten.
1. #8 Chema Carranza/Josef Dodridge (WIS) def. Linus Erhart/Toby Boyer (NEB) 7-5
2. Daniel Soyfer/Osgar O'Hoisin (WIS) def. William GrattanSmith/Micah Klousia (NEB) 6-2
3. Rok Krizaj/Isaac Nortey (NEB) vs. Lamar Remy/Chase Colton (WIS) 5-4, unfinished
Order of Finish: 2,1
1. Daniel Soyfer (WIS) def. Toby Boyer (NEB) 7-6 (7-3), 6-3
2. Linus Erhart (NEB) vs. Josef Dodridge (WIS) 4-6, 6-0, unfinished
3. Micah Klousia (NEB) def. Chema Carranza (WIS) 6-3, 7-5
4. William Grattan-Smith (NEB) vs. Lamar Remy (WIS) 3-6, 6-4, 0-2, unfinished
5. Osgar O'Hoisin (WIS) def. Isaac Nortey (NEB) 6-3, 6-1
6. Robert Krill (WIS) def. Rok Krizaj (NEB) 7-6 (7-4), 6-0
Order of Finish: 5,6,3,1