Five Huskers Claim Academic All-Big Ten Awards
Five members of the Nebraska women's golf team captured academic All-Big Ten honors when the conference office announced its scholastic award squads for the spring season on Wednesday, May 30.
Seniors Audrey Judd (Olathe, Kansas) and Emily Gillman (Austin, Texas) led the team's academic hardware haul, as both golfers claimed their third consecutive academic All-Big Ten awards.
Sophomores Kate Smith, Haley Thiele and Annie Sritragul each brought home the first academic All-Big Ten honors of their careers.
Nebraska's five academic All-Big Ten honorees in women's golf were among a record 138 spring academic all-conference honorees across all sports for the Huskers. Overall, Nebraska student-athletes collected a record 288 academic All-Big Ten awards across all sports during the 2017-18 academic year.
Nebraska Academic All-Big Ten Women's Golfers (Spring 2018)
- Emily Gillman, Sr., Austin, Texas (Marketing)
- Audrey Judd, Sr., Olathe, Kansas (Management/Marketing)
- Kate Smith, So., Detroit Lakes, Minnesota (Art)
- Annie Sritragul, So., Bangkok, Thailand (Actuarial Science)
- Haley Thiele, So., Wahoo, Nebraska (Nutrition & Health Sciences)