Huskers Down Fighting Hawks, 4-1
Des Moines, Iowa -- The Nebraska men's tennis team (7-4, 0-0 Big Ten) extended its winning streak to four wins after defeating the North Dakota Fighting Hawks (3-4, 0-0 Summit), 4-1, on Saturday morning at the Roger Knapp Tennis Center in Des Moines, Iowa.
The Fighting Hawks won the doubles point to start off the match, but the Huskers notched four singles matches to earn the 4-1 victory.
Sophomore Isaac Nortey initiated singles competition with a quick win at No. 5 over Davide Callegari, 6-1, 6-1. Victor Moreno Lozano defeated Jake Kuhlman, 6-1, 6-1, at the No. 4 spot, while Micah Klousia beat Lukas Buth, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 2.
Toby Boyer won his fifth in a row -- for a 7-1 spring record -- at the No. 1 position against Nejc Sitar, 6-2, 6-2, to close out the match.
In doubles play, Klousia and Nortey knocked off Johnnie Carmichael-Plester, 6-1, at No. 2, but Boyer/Gleason and Dean/V. Moreno fell short at No. 1 and No. 3 respectively to give North Dakota the doubles team point.
1. Toby Boyer def. Nejc Sitar, 6-2, 6-2
2. Micah Klousia def. Lukas Buth, 6-1, 6-2
3. William Gleason vs. Johnnie Carmichael-Plester, 3-6, 2-3, unfinished
4. Victor Moreno Lozano def. Jake Kuhlman, 6-1, 6-1
5. Isaac Nortey def. Davide Callegari, 6-1, 6-1
6. Chris Dean vs. Alex Reinke, 4-6, 2-0, unfinished
Order of finish: Singles (5,4,2,1); Doubles (2,3,1)