Radulovic Named Arthur Ashe Jr. Semifinalist
Nebraska rifle senior Nina Radulovic has been named a 2019 Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholar following a season of outstanding athletic and academic achievement.
This marks the third consecutive year that Nina Radulovic has earned this award. Radulovic finished the 2018-19 season with an average scores of 570.89 in smallbore and 582.56 in air rifle over nine appearances. She was a leader for the team on the range, in the classroom and in the community. Her accolades include being named Academic Big Ten and Big Ten Distinguished Scholar twice each, as well as earning the Nebraska Sam Foltz Hero 27 Leadership Award in 2017.
Radulovic is one of twenty nominees (10 women, 10 men) to be named a seminfinalist for selection as the 2019 Sports Scholar of the year. Nominees must be at least an academic sophomore, hold a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA and be active on campus or in their communities. Nearly 1,000 athletes were originally nominated.
The female semifinalists are:
· Amari Black, Fayetteville State University, Cheerleading
· Katelyn Lentz, Arizona State University, Gymnastics
· Kristin Quah, Vanderbilt University, Bowling
· Nina Radulovic, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Rifle
· Stephanie Relova, San José State University, Gymnastics
· Asia Seidt, University of Kentucky, Swimming & Diving
· Kendall Skuse, Buffalo State College, Lacrosse
· Juah Toe, West Chester University (Pa.), Rugby
· Lauren Waller, Penn State University, Golf
· Karrington Winters, The Ohio State University, Track/Cross Country
The male semifinalists are:
· David Baker, Prairie View A&M University, Golf
· Khari Blasingame, Vanderbilt University, Football
· Myles Brown, UNC Charlotte, Soccer
· Brooks Campbell, North Carolina Central University, Tennis
· J.T. Escobar, University of North Florida, Basketball
· Alex Kerai, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Sailing
· Anthony Orozco, Menlo College, Wrestling
· Grant Rivers, North Carolina State University, Track/Cross Country
· Erik Suh, St. John's University, Lacrosse
· Sanil Thomas, The Ohio State University, Volleyball
Diverse: Issues In Higher Education will publish its annual Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholars special report edition on April 4, 2019.