Four Huskers Qualify for B1G Finals
Iowa City, Iowa - The No. 6 Nebraska men’s gymnastics team had four athletes qualify for individual finals in the team’s fourth-place finish at the Big Ten Championships on April 5. Penn State claimed first with a score of 410.350. Illinois (410.100) and Michigan (409.550) came out on top over the Huskers (406.000). Minnesota took fifth (404.800), Ohio State took sixth (401.900) and Iowa took last place (398.750). Anton Stephenson led the way for the Big Red, earning the highest vault score of the night with a 14.65. Along with Stephenson, Khalil Jackson, Evan Hymanson and Evan Kriley will be competing at Individual Finals on Saturday, April 6 at 7 p.m. (CT).
Rotation 1 - Parallel Bars
- Evan Hymanson paved the way for the Huskers, scoring a career-high 14.40.
- Andrew Zymball and Anton Stephenson weren’t too far behind, posting 13.80 and 13.75 respectively.
- Dillan King and Griffin Kehler rounded out the final team score of 69.150, scoring 13.65 and 13.55 respectively.
- The Huskers were just .55 off their best of the season.
Rotation 2 - High Bar
- Khalil Jackson led the way for NU, posting a 13.50.
- Dillan King wasn’t too far behind, notching a 13.35.
- Anton Stephenson added a 13.10 to the final team score.
- Griffin Kehler and Evan Hymanson rounded out the final team score of 65.850, posting 13.00 and 12.90 respectively.
Rotation 3 - Floor
- Anton Stephenson paved the way for the Huskers, notching a 14.10.
- Zach Peters and Charlie Giles followed closely, posting 13.80 and 13.75 respectively.
- Jonathan Scripnick and Griffin Kehler rounded out the final team score of 67.800, scoring 13.15 and 13.00 respectively.
- Evan Hymanson added a 12.50 in the all-around category.
Rotation 4 - Pommel Horse
- Evan Kriley led the way for NU, posting a career-high 14.10.
- Khalil Jackson and Mitch Tyndall followed closely, posting 13.85 and 13.70 respectively; both scores were career-highs.
- Charlie Giles added a 13.20 to the final team score.
- Anton Stephenson rounded out the final team score of 66.400, notching an 11.55
- Evan Hymanson added a 12.10 in the all-around category.
Rotation 5 - Still Rings
- Joshua Everitt paved the way for the Huskers, posting a 13.60.
- Jordan King wasn’t too far behind, notching a 13.30.
- Mitch Tyndall, Evan Hymanson and Anton Stephenson rounded out the final team score of 66.350, all scoring 13.15.
Rotation 6 - Vault
- Anton Stephenson led the way for NU, notching a 14.65.
- Jonathan Scripnick and Zach Peters followed closely, scoring 14.15 and 14.10 respectively.
- Charlie Giles and Josh Martin rounded out the final team score of 69.55, posting 13.80 and 13.75 respectively.
- Evan Hymanson added a 12.95 in the all-around category.
Follow the Huskers
Individual event finals will be televised on the Big Ten Network and streamed on BTN2Go. Fans can also keep up with live updates by following @NebraskaMensGymnastics on Twitter.