Cotton Bowl Notes
Kickoff Time: 10:42 a.m.
Kickoff Weather: Sunny skies, 46 degrees
Outstanding Offensive Player: Courtney Taylor, WR, Auburn (6 receptions, 70 yards; 1 rush, 3 yards)
Outstanding Defensive Player: Will Herring, LB, Auburn (7 solo tackles, 2 TFL-4 yards)
- This is the third consecutive year a team has scored on its opening possession of the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic.
- Auburn won despite being outgained in total yards (230-178), the first time the winning team has had fewer total yards since 2003 (Texas beat LSU, 35-20, despite being outgained, 441-382).
- The 408 composite yards by both teams is tied for eighth fewest in AT&T CBC history and the lowest since 2002 (Oklahoma vs. Arkansas, 281 yards).
- The 171 composite rushing yards by the teams is sixth fewest in bowl history, lowest total since 2000 (Texas vs. Arkansas, 164 yards).
- Nebraska’s five sacks are tied for fifth most in AT&T CBC history, and the most since Oklahoma had nine sacks vs. Arkansas in 2002.
- Karibi Dede’s 52-yard interception return in the 1st quarter was the 4th longest in AT&T CBC history.
- This is the third time in the last four years the AT&T CBC has been decided by three points.
- The Southeastern Conference representative won the AT&T CBC for the fourth straight year. SEC teams are 16-14-1 all-time. Auburn becomes the eighth different SEC school to win the AT&T CBC.
- Big 12 teams are 4-7 all-time in the AT&T CBC.
- The teams combined for just three points in the second half, lowest since 1992 (Florida State vs. Texas A&M).
- For the fifth consecutive year, the AT&T CBC was played with no rain or snow. The 46 degree kickoff temperature was the lowest since 2002 (36 degrees). Conditions were ideal for the 41st time in 71 Cotton Bowl Classics.
- This is the 13th time the score has been tied at halftime in 71years of the AT&T CBC. The last time was in 2000 (Arkansas 3, Texas 3).
- This is the ninth straight year the team leading after three quarters has won the AT&T CBC.
This is the first time since 2003 the team scoring first did not win the AT&T CBC.