Lettermen Enjoy Friends and Fun at 2007 Golf Classic
Former Huskers enjoyed a fun-filled day with old friends making new memories at the Third Annual Spring Game Lettermen's Golf Classic at Wilderness Ridge on Friday, April 13, in Lincoln.
The event, which was held the day before more than 50,000 football fans flocked to Memorial Stadium for the annual Red-White Spring Game, included an 11 a.m. lunch followed by golf starting at noon with a reception concluding the day's festivities at 6 p.m.
The top three foursomes at the 2007 event included champions Van Brownson, Maury Damkroger, John Hyland and Steve Runty. Mark Hagge, Steve Keast, Mike Murray and Kent Wells took runner-up honors, while Adam Ickes, Dusty Keiser, Jay Moore and Alex Shada represented the newest generation of former Huskers well by finishing third.
In addition to the winning teams, several former Huskers produced individual honors on the afternoon.
- #1 - Closest to Pin off the Green - Bob Hill
- #3 - Longest Putt Made - Jay Moore
- #5 Longest Drive in Fairway - Chad Sievers
- #7 Closest to Pin 2nd Shot - Cliff Dale
- #9 Closest to Pin 3rd Shot - Mike Stuntz
- #10 Closest to Pin 2nd Shot - Dan Svehla
- #12 Closest to Pin 1st Shot - Kent Wells
- #14 Team High Score - Cory Ross, Chad Sievers, Will Shields, Dean Schneider
- #16 Longest Drive in Fairway - Blake Tiedtke
- #18 Closest to Pin from off the Green - Terry Eyman
The N Club has already announced the date for the 2008 Lettermen's Golf Classic, with the event scheduled for Friday, April 18, 2008 at HiMark Club in Lincoln.