Nebraska Postgame Notes vs. Texas A&M
Nebraska Postgame Notes
vs. Texas A&M
Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, Neb.)
Saturday, Oct. 20, 2007
- Texas A&M’s win today marked the Aggies’ third in 13 tries against the Huskers and just their second in eight games at Memorial Stadium. The Texas A&M victory also snapped a four-game Husker win streak in the series.
- Nebraska dropped to 3-3 at home in 2007, marking the first time since 1968 Nebraska has suffered three home losses in the same season.
- Junior running back Marlon Lucky caught a Nebraska running back record 13 passes in today’s game pushing his season receptions total to 49. Lucky moved from outside of the top 10 to third on the NU season receptions chart, trailing only Johnny Rodgers’ 55 catches in 1972 and Rodgers’ 53 catches in 1971.
- Lucky’s 49 catches establish a new Nebraska season running back record for receptions, bettering Cory Ross’ 43 catches in 2005. Lucky now owns the top two single-game receptions totals for a running back with his 13 catches today and his 11 receptions against Ball State.
- Lucky has 83 career receptions, good for fourth place on the NU career receptions mark. His 83 career receptions are a Nebraska running back record, bettering Jeff Kinney’s previous record of 82 career receptions.
- Lucky’s 125 receiving yards in today’s game were a career-high, bettering his 81 yards on 11 catches against Ball State. He fell just six yards short of the Nebraska running back record of 131 yards, set by Cory Ross against Iowa State in 2005.
- Freshman running back Quentin Castille rushed nine times for 60 yards in today’s game. His three-yard touchdown run in the first quarter was Castille’s fourth TD run of the 2007 season.
- Senior wide receiver Maurice Purify caught a 10-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter of today’s game, his second TD reception of the season and the ninth of his Husker career.
- Senior wide receiver Terrence Nunn caught two passes in today’s game to give him 124 career receptions, 19 from Johnny Rodgers’ school record of 143 career receptions.
- Senior quarterback Sam Keller threw for 275 yards in today’s game to push his season passing total to 2,124. Keller’s passing total marks the seventh 2,000-yard passing season in school history and his yardage total is third in school history, trailing only Zac Taylor’s 2,653 yards in 2005 and his school-record 3,197 yards last season.
- Senior linebacker Corey McKeon finished the day with a season-high 14 tackles, bettering his previous season high of 10 tackles last week against Oklahoma State. McKeon also recorded an eight-yard sack in the second quarter and now has 35 career tackles for loss, leaving him just 2.5 TFL from the top 10 on the Nebraska career tackles for loss list.
- Freshman defensive back Anthony West recorded a nine-yard sack in the second quarter of today’s game, and finished with two tackles for loss totaling 11 yards. The TFL’s were the first of West’s career. West entered today’s game with three tackles on the season.
- Freshman place-kicker Adi Kunalic kicked off three times in today’s game and delivered three touchbacks. Kunalic has now recorded 22 touchbacks in 39 kickoffs this season.
- Senior wide receiver Terrence Nunn served as today’s game captain, alongside senior captains Bo Ruud, Brett Byford and Zack Bowman.