|City/State:||Midwest City, Okla.|
|High School:||Midwest City|
- 2001 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (AP)
- Big 12 Commissioner's Fall Academic Honor Roll (2000)
- Two-Time Big 12 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll (1999, 2002)
One of Nebraska's most versatile linemen, Jon Rutherford found a home at right guard in 2001 and helped mold a young offensive line into one of the nation's best. Rutherford ranked fourth on the team with 98 pancakes and helped the Huskers roll to their 15th NCAA rushing title with 314.7 yards on the ground per game. He also earned honorable mention All-Big 12 accolades from the Associated Press, while starting every game, including the Rose Bowl, as a senior. Rutherford produced a career-high 13 pancakes against Baylor to pave the way for 641 rushing yards against the Bears, including an NCAA record-tying four 100-yard backs.
The Midwest City, Okla. native missed spring ball while coming back from major knee surgery in November, but returned for the start of the season at 100 percent, making his first career start against TCU. Rutherford was the sixth man in on the line in 2000, playing every position on the line. Rutherford graduated in May 2002.
- Games Played: 38; 4 in 1998, 12 in 1999, 9 in 2000, 13 in 2001 (including Rose Bowl)
- Games Started: 13, all in 2001
- 1998: 3 (0.8 average
- 1999: 14 (1.2 average)
- 2000: 30 (3.3 average)
- 2001: 98 (8.2 average)
- Career Pancake Single-Game Best: 13 vs. Baylor, 2001
- Double Digit Pancake Games: 5, all in 2001