· Signed as a free agent by the Seattle Seahawks
· 1984 First-Team All-American (Sporting News)
· 1984 Second-Team All-American (AP)
· 1984 Third-Team All-American (Football News)
· 1984 Honorable-Mention All-American (UPI)
· 1984 First-Team All-Big 8 (AP, UPI)
Sporting News All-American and consensus All-Big 8 selection as a senior, Grimminger joined with tackle Mark Behning and center Mark Traynowicz to form an all-conference left side of the Husker line. Grimminger started 25 consecutive games at left guard after backing up Dean Steinkuhler as a sophomore.
Started all 13 games at left guard for last year’s 12-1 Big 8 championship Husker club and his blocking abilities were among the prime reasons why Nebraska led the nation in both rushing (401.7 yards per game) and scoring (52.0 point per game) while averaging 546.7 yards in total offense.
Backed up Dean Steinkuhler (winner of 1983 Outland and Lombardi Trophies) at right guard.
Redshirt Freshman (1981)
Started for the 5-0 Husker freshmen.
Before Nebraska (Grand Island High School)
All-state performer for Coach Ken Fischer (brother of Husker line coach Cletus Fischer) at Grand Island and helped lead Islanders to 1979 state Class A title.
Son of Sam and Kay Grimminger. Born April 11, 1962.