Honors & Awards
- First Team NCAA All-American (Paralell Bars, 2013)
- NCAA Individual Finalist (3rd, Parallel Bars, 2013)
- Big Ten Individual Finalist (3rd, Parallel Bars, 2013)
- One Individual Event Title (Parallel Bars)
- NCAA Team Qualifier Competitor (2013)
- Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll (Spring 2013, 2014)
- Floor Exercise - 14.60 (at NCAA Team Qualifiers, April 19, 2013)
- Still Rings - 14.10 (twice, most recently vs. UIC, Jan. 27, 2013)
- Vault - 14.75 (twice, most recently at NCAA Team Qualifiers, April 10, 2014)
- Parallel Bars - 15.10 (twice, most recently vs. Minnesota/Illinois/Iowa/Air Force, March 15, 2014)
- High Bar - 13.90 (at Michigan, Feb. 8, 2014)
As a returning All-American, Sam Chamberlain held a constant position in the Husker parallel bars lineup throughout his second season with Nebraska. The Franklin, Ohio, native also competed on floor exercise, vault and high bar.
Chamberlain debuted on vault and high bar in 2014, setting strong personal bests in the process. The sophomore also tied his parallel bars high score of 15.10 on Senior Night March 15.
Despite solid vault and parallel bars scores, Chamberlain did not advance to the finals at the Big Ten Championships. At the NCAA Championships, he posted a parallel bars score of 13.50.
In the classroom, Chamberlain earned a spot on the Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll in the spring of 2014.
Chamberlain made a big statement his freshman season as a collegiate gymnast. Along with being a regular member of Nebraska's parallel bars lineup, the Franklin, Ohio, native also competed on still rings and floor exercise for the Huskers.
Chamberlain also claimed first team All-American honors on parallel bars, finishing third at the NCAA National Championships in State College, Penn. He earned Nebraska's first All-American honors on parallel bars since 2003.
Chamberlain trained at the Gymnastics Training Center of Ohio under the direction of head coach Don Sellman.
Chamberlain competed in the Junior Olympic Nationals, Ohio State Championships and Houston National Invitational in multiple events as a Level 10 gymnast.
Chamberlain was born on July 7, 1994, in Franklin, Ohio, and is the son of Richard and Tami Chamberlain. He has four sisters, Jenny, Tara, Katie and Molly, and two brothers, Jake and Joey. Sam is majoring in fisheries and wildlife and earned spots on the Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll in the spring semesters of 2013 and 2014.
He chose Nebraska over Michigan.