Huskers Finish Thursday Competition at Big Ten Championships
The 200-yard freestyle relay team of Ariel Weech, Hayley Martin, Rebekah Land and Kelly Dunn finished the event tenth at 1:32.78. That time was just 1.72 seconds off of the school record time of 1:31.06 set in 1998 by Helene Muller, Beth Karaica, Anna Windsor and Therese Alshammar.
The 1-meter diving event saw Payton Michaud finish fourteenth individually at 283.90. NU's Alyson Ramsey (22nd) and Kaitlan Walker (27th) round out the top-30 divers.
One Meter Dive Results:
14th - Payton Michaud, 283.90
22nd - Alyson Ramsey, 258.30
27th - Kaitlan Walker, 253.25
31st - Amy Herman, 243.10
The Big Ten Swimming and Diving Championships will resume on Friday morning at 11 a.m. The session will feature the preliminary rounds in the 400-IM, 100-yard butterfly, 200-yard freestyle, 100-yard breaststroke, 100-yard backstroke and the 3-meter dive.
Big Ten Championship Standings After Day 2:
1. University of Minnesota 235
2. Ohio State University 222
3. Indiana University 203
4. Wisconsin, University of 174
5. Pennsylvania State University 118.5
6. Purdue University 113.5
7. Iowa, University of 95
8. Northwestern University 88
9. Michigan, University of 78
10. University of Illinois 50
11. Nebraska, University of 41
12. Michigan State University 40