FRANK SEVIGNE HUSKER INVITATIONALINDOOR TRACK & FIELD MEET
Bob Devaney Sports Center - Lincoln, Nebraska
Friday & Saturday, February 3-4, 2006
1. Competition Teams include: Abilene Christian, Drake, East Carolina, Iowa (W), Johnson County, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri Kansas City, North Carolina, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Stanford, UTEP, Wichita, Wyoming.
2. Entry Procedures All entries will be submitted online. No Faxed entries will be accepted. To enter via the Internet, go to www.huskers.com and select track and field from the Select a Sport drop down menu. From this page select Home Meet Info from the Sport Sections drop down menu. There you will find a link to our online entry form. Please follow the directions and make sure you print out a hard copy for your records after you have declared. Declaration deadline: January 31st, 2006, 11:59 PM.
3. Entry Fees $15.00 per individual and/or relay, not to exceed $250 per team. Combined team entry fee not to exceed $500. Payment in full must be received prior to packet pick up (February 2nd). You can mail money in advance, or pay in person day of. Make checks payable to: Nebraska Track & Field.
4. Entries per Event are as follows: 4 competitors per school in running events; field events have unlimited entries. You may be granted permission to enter more than four in a running event by the Meet Director, if we have open lanes or you have an athlete with a quality time. We are also inviting any individual athlete who has attained an NCAA qualifying mark in their event. Entry restrictions for Multi-Events: total of 12, plus provisional national qualifiers and others at the discretion of the meet manager.
5. Team Scoring None
6. Packet and Heat Sheet Pickup is available prior to the meet in the Track Office during business hours, or day of the meet at the meet management tower, north-west corner of the indoor track.
7. Relay Cards are due 30 minutes before the start of the Relay – turn them into the press area/meet headquarters.
8. Check-in - Track athletes check in 30 minutes prior to your event on the track. Pick up your hip numbers at the table located in the north-west corner of the track. Ten minutes prior to your event, report to the clerk of the course at the start area. Field event athletes are to report to the head event official 45 minutes prior to your event.
9. Weights and shots will be weighed by the Weights and Measures Certifying Official at the weighing area starting 1 hour prior to the start of the event.
10. No athletes or coaches are allowed on the infield except those athletes competing in a field event that is in progress. Warm-up is available in the upper concourse on Friday, February 3rd during the meet and on Saturday, February 4th during the meet until 6:00pm. After 6:00pm you may warm up on the backstretch.
11. Results and proof of performance forms will be available in the press area as soon as possible after the meet is completed. Results will be posted during the meet in the track arena. A formal copy of the results will be made available on our website at www.huskers.com.
12. Shower facilities are available on the north side of the track in the upstairs locker rooms. Please bring your own towels.
13. Facility Restrictions The use of ¼" pyramid spikes will be strictly enforced. No hard shell (sector) 20# or 35# weights allowed. No marking chalk on rubber floor.
14. Awards will be given to the top 2 collegiate finishers as well as the most outstanding collegiate men’s athlete and women’s athlete.
15. Pre-Meet Warm-Up Area - The track is open for general warm-up from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm on Friday, February 3rd, during which time the multi-events will be in progress and athletes must be conscious of those events.
16. Preferred Lanes for sprint races - 4-5-3-6-2-7-1-8, 200 and 400 - 5-6-4-3-2-1
17. Training Room Facilities can be found on the track diagram, please refer to the memo from the Nebraska Track & Field Trainer.
18. Team Parking - All team vans and buses park along the street on the north side of the Bob Devaney Sports Center.