Game 2 Postgame Notes
(Miami vs. San Francisco)
• The win marks Head Coach Jim Morris’ 600th career victory at
• The win is
• The Hurricanes, who got on the board early with a pair of runs in their first at-bat, are now 27-7 when scoring before their opponent.
• Team captain Jon Jay knocked his first triple of the season in the bottom of the sixth inning, driving home a run to put
• Third baseman Danny Valencia belted a two-run homer in the bottom of the sixth inning for his seventh home run of the season, one shy of his single-season high.
• Catcher Jonathan Norfolk became the first-ever Don to record a hit in NCAA Tournament action with a shot to center field in the top of the second inning.
• Pitcher/DH Scott Cousins scored the first run for San Francisco in NCAA Regional history when he came across on Jonathan Norfolk's misplayed ground ball by third baseman Danny Valencia in the fourth inning.
• Pitcher Scott Cousins saw his nine-game hitting streak snapped after going hitless in two at-bats against