From live stats, to live radio, live video streaming and select television broadcasts, there are plenty of ways to follow the Nebraska softball team this season.
Some options are free, while others require a subscription, but below is a guide designed to help fans understand their options.
First, here's a general guide to coverages available:
- Live Audio (free for every game on Huskers.com)
- Live Stats (free for every game on Huskers.com)
- Live Video (available for select games, usually requires a subscriptions)
- Television (at least a few games will air on the Big Ten Network, schedule TBA)
Now, in more detail, here are ways to follow Nebraska this season:
Husker Game Day Page: The Husker Game Day Page is designed to be a fan's one-stop location to finding any and all coverage for that day's game(s). Links to all available coverage for each game (live stats, audio, video, etc.) will be posted on this page prior to every game. Links to live stats and free audio - which are available for every game this season - can also be found by clicking on the speaker and live stats icons on the far right column of the softball schedule page.
Live Stats: Live stats will be available for every game during the 2014 season and can always be found by vising the Huskers.com Live Stats page, located under the "Multimedia" tab of any Huskers.com page. Live stats feature play-by-play and game statistics and update every time a play occurs during the game. A more mobile-friendly version of live stats can be found at: http://nebraska.statbroadcast.com.
Live Audio: Free live audio will be available on Huskers.com for every game of the 2014 season, barring technical problems. Live audio broadcasts can be found here or by clicking on the "Multimedia" tab of any Huskers.com page and selecting "Live Events". Please note that games may not appear on the live events schedule until the week of the game.
Live Video: A live video schedule for this season is unavailable at this time. Available live video streams will always be posted on the Husker Game Day Page, and if there is a subscription fee required to view the broadcast, it will be denoted next to the link. While some video may be available for free, fans will need to consider purchasing two separate monthly subscriptions to view most streaming video this season. Below are two subscriptions for fans to consider purchasing this season.
- BTN Digital Network: A subscription to the BTN Digital Network ($14.95/month with automatic renewal) will give fans access to select Big Ten Conference games (Nebraska and the other 11 schools). Nebraska's home and road games in conference play may feature a live video stream and if so, that stream can only be seen through a subscription to the BTN Digital Network. Most BTN Digital Network live streams are archived and can be saved and watched at a later time.
- HuskersNSide: A subscription to HuskersNSide ($12.95/month with automatic renewal) will give fans access to select Nebraska games this season. However, with the BTN Digital Network increasing its coverage to include Nebraska home games for the first time in 2014, games streamed live on HuskersNSide are expected to be limit to fewer than five games.
- A complete schedule of games televised and/or streamed will be posted to the Husker Game Day Page when it becomes available.
Television: Some Nebraska games will be televised either on a live or tape-delayed basis by the Big Ten Network (BTN). BTN is available to many cable and satellite providers, but please contact your local provider to find out if the channel is offered in your area. Nebraska Educational Television (NET) may also broadcast select Husker home games. NET's television broadcasts only air in the state of Nebraska, but a live video stream of the game is available. A television schedule will be announced on Huskers.com when it becomes available.
Social Media: We encourage fans to follow the Nebraska softball program on Twitter and on Facebook. On Twitter, follow Husker Softball and Head Coach Rhonda Revelle. The official Nebraska softball Facebook page can be found here.
Mobile Apps: Fans with an iPhone, iPod or iPad or Android device can follow the Huskers this season. The app, produced by NeuLion, can be found by searching for "Official Nebraska Huskers". In addition to the standard content on this app, fans can purchase a 2013-14 subscription ($4.99) which will allow them to listen to games live on their mobile device and watch videos. A more mobile-friendly version of live stats can be found at: http://nebraska.statbroadcast.com.
In addition to the official Nebraska app, BTN2GO is also available for free on mobile devices for fans who subscribe to many cable and satellite providers, including Bright House, CenturyLink, Charter, Cox, DirecTV, Dish, Mediacom, Time Warner Cable, Verizon and others. BTN2GO offers live streaming of the Big Ten Network as well as on-demand content that previously aired on the Big Ten Network.