Tournament Name - 2013 Chip-N Club Invitational
Tournament Host - University of Nebraska
Wilderness Ridge Golf Course
1800 Wilderness Woods Place
Lincoln, NE 68512
For more information on Wilderness Ridge, visit http://www.wildernessridgegolf.com/
Course Par/Yardage - Par 72/6,251 Yards (Front 9, 3,170/Par 37; Back 9, 3,081/Par 35)
- Monday, Sept. 9 - 9 a.m. (Shotgun, first two rounds)
- Tuesday, Sept. 10 - 8:30 a.m. (Shotgun, final round)
The 13-team Chip-N Club field will participate in a 54-hole invitational to be played at Wilderness Ridge Golf Course, Sept. 9-10, with a practice round on Sunday, Sept. 8.
The teams and individuals will play 36 holes on Monday, beginning with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. Pairings for Tuesday's final round will be determined by Monday's scores through the first two rounds. Tuesday's shotgun start is set for 8:30 a.m. The low four individual scores will determine the team score for each round.
2013 Chip-N Club Field (13 Teams)
- Central Arkansas - Southland
- Creighton - Big East
- Houston Baptist - Southland
- Iowa - Big Ten
- Missouri State - Missouri Valley
- Nebraska - Big Ten
- Nebraska-Omaha - Summit League
- North Dakota State - Summit League
- South Dakota - Summit League
- Southern Miss - Conference USA
- Texas A&M Corpus Christi - Southland
- UMKC - WAC
- Wichita State - Missouri Valley
Nebraska Media Relations/Results Information
Jeff Griesch - Director of Media Relations Operations (Women’s Golf/Women’s Basketball)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Phone: (402) 472-7775
- Cell Phone: (402) 540-0279
- Home Phone: (402) 328-8992
Live Scoring: Available on Huskers.com (BirdieFire)
Daily Results and Recaps: Huskers.com
Chip-N Club Invitational History
The Chip-N Club, the official athletic booster group of the University of Nebraska women's golf team, helps to organize and host the annual Chip-N Club Invitational.
Nebraska has won five of the past 10 Chip-N Club Invitational team titles, including the 2006 team crown at Yankee Hill Golf Course and the 2007 and 2008 titles at Wilderness Ridge Golf Course. Wilderness Ridge, which serves as the home course for the Husker golf program, served as the site of the Chip-N Club Invite three straight years from 2008 through 2010.
The Country Club of Lincoln served as the Chip-N Club Invitational host in 2011 and 2012.
Overall, Nebraska has captured nine home tournament titles in women's golf since becoming a varsity sport in 1975-76.